Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance for Relocating

Travel Insurance for Relocating

Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

TomsMops will become famous soon enoughTomsMops will become famous soon enough
Default Travel Insurance for Relocating

I have an annual Direct Line travel insurance but as I'm not returning to the UK the insurance is invalid!

I called as I work for a major insurer and thought I better check.

How have others got across this problem, obviously as I've called Direct Line they are now aware I will not be returning to the UK and therefore the insurance in invalid.

What did anyone else do?

We are travelling on the 30th June via Hong Kong for 5 days then over to Perth!

Any suggestions?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Re: Travel Insurance for Relocating

We're going to use these people: http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/travel...ance_quote.php Cover for the journey and 21 days after arrival.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

The Post Office also do a 1 way policy.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

I've not been able to find the Post Office one-way policy anywhere. Do you have a link to it? On their website they say they can only cover UK residents which we will no longer be.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I don't have a link.....just something I read when looking into it myself. Might have been because we're only going as temp residents. Sorry.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

Your insurance will still be valid for the hong kong trip, it will only be invalid when you enter australia (as you wont be returning)

I had a yearly policy still valid with Insure and Go when i left(i called them and they said it was fine and was still valid till i landed in oz)

i left in Nov via Dubai, where i spent 3 months and whilst there i went to hospital (drunken night, nothing too serious..lol) it cost me about 200 quid, when i claimed they requested that i send off my flight itinery (which obviosuly showed that it terminated in oz with no return to uk) and apart from the 50 quid excess i got it all back no problems.

Once here i got my medicare card asap!

kelly