Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance for a pregnant lady?

Travel Insurance for a pregnant lady?

Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel Insurance for a pregnant lady?

Have just done a quick search here and google and haven't yet found a company that will insure you after 24 weeks. Does anyone know if this is right?

I will be 27 weeks when I leave the UK and 28 weeks when I arrive in Perth (due to stopover).

There must be some if the majority of airlines let you fly up to 32-34 weeks?

Cheers all
Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:48 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Travel Insurance for a pregnant lady?

Hi,
we originally planned to fly out & validate whilst the wife was pregnant. The airlines will carry you as long as there are no problems & you can get a letter from your doctor saying this in the later stages.

Insurance wise they didn't mention pregnancy. I suspect it could be covered under a pre existing condition, but baby's arn't due untill 39 weeks so it should be ok

It would be interesting to hear what they say, once you tell them you are pregnant.

Regards
Mark
Old Jan 8th 2005, 8:12 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I flew to Oz for a hol at 32 wks pregnant and came back to UK at 37 wks pregnant. I flew woth Korean Air -dunno if that makes a difference. I can't remember who insured me but I booked direct with Korean Air and they sorted out insurance for me. I had to have a check with doc a week before flying and get him to write me a letter saying I was fit to fly, day before I had check with midwife and she wrote I was fit to fly in my notes, which I had to take with me on the plane and alert the cabin crew I was heavily pregnant-although they would've known by the size of me. 2 days after I got to Oz I got checked over by a doc, I just turned up and waited til they could see me, this cost $7. 2 days before I fllew home I went to docs again for another check-this was cos I wanted to know I wasn't about to go in to labour in my way home, I didn't have to go. Everything was fine but if I'd of gone in to labour on my way home I would've been looking at about £500000 so I was quite gutted I wasn't in labour when I arrived back at Heathrow. It'd been lovely to have the money and still be able to get to an English hospital in time. I had a very easy pregnancy though, no sickness or anything so if my doc had've refused to write me a letter I would've had kicked off and have him explain to me why everyone famous can fly late pregnancy but I couldn't. The cabin crew on the plane was excellent, they came round about once an hour to see if I needed anything, they walked with me rund the plane(my doc told me to keep doing this aswell) and when I needed the toilet, if there was a queue they took me to the front so I didn't have to wait. Hope ths helps.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much. I'm not worried, I just want to make sure I have adequate insurance for me and the family. WE have LLoyds Platinum Cards so will check their cover.

We are going Business CLass so the extra space will help.

I also have a 'fit to fly' letter which I needed anyway for my stop in Singapore. You have to get a special Visa to visit there if you are over 24 weeks.

Cheers!