Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance for pensioner parents?

Travel Insurance for pensioner parents?

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:24 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Travel Insurance for pensioner parents?

Hi,

Both our Mums have been out to see us twice and are due again in a few weeks. We tell them to get travel insurance in case there's a problem with flights/emergency flights home etc. The rest of the time they're covered by Medicare.

Anyone have experience of this and can point us in the direction of insurers with reasonable premiums? One is 72 and the other 77.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Travel Insurance for pensioner parents?

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Hi,

Both our Mums have been out to see us twice and are due again in a few weeks. We tell them to get travel insurance in case there's a problem with flights/emergency flights home etc. The rest of the time they're covered by Medicare.

Anyone have experience of this and can point us in the direction of insurers with reasonable premiums? One is 72 and the other 77.
My mum is coming over from Ireland next week. She is 82 and her insurance cost her 82 euro, not sure who with but I though that was quite reasonable considering her age.
Tracie
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Travel Insurance for pensioner parents?

We got my MIL's from SAGA. It was expensive but she's 78 and suffers from asthma. I think the Post Office do good rates on insurance for pensioners from memory too.