Reload this Page >

Travel insurance for OAPs

Travel insurance for OAPs

Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:54 am
dcm
Account Closed

dcm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel insurance for OAPs

My parents-in-law are hoping to travel to Australia next October. They will both be 68 when they travel. They intend to stopover in LA for a week on the way out and Hong Kong for a week on the return leg - overall their trip will be around 6 months long.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company who will insure them for this length of time? (they have no ongoing health concerns).

Many thanks for your help

Debbie
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of
Default Re: Travel insurance for OAPs

Originally Posted by dcm
My parents-in-law are hoping to travel to Australia next October. They will both be 68 when they travel. They intend to stopover in LA for a week on the way out and Hong Kong for a week on the return leg - overall their trip will be around 6 months long.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company who will insure them for this length of time? (they have no ongoing health concerns).

Debbie
Try Southern Cross, my mother is 72 and uses them for both New Zealand and Australia.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 7:46 am
dcm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
Try Southern Cross, my mother is 72 and uses them for both New Zealand and Australia.
Many thanks - I'll try them

debbie
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dcm

Debbie
Hi Debbie, my mum and dad have been over here twice, the first time they got travel ins, was about 600 pound.
So the last time they came over they did not get it.
Mum was teaken into hospital while here, and was looked after , they where great, and we dont pay.
If they lost a suitcase, it wouldnt cost all that to replace their belongings.
Denise
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:53 am
dcm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cranni
Hi Debbie, my mum and dad have been over here twice, the first time they got travel ins, was about 600 pound.
So the last time they came over they did not get it.
Mum was teaken into hospital while here, and was looked after , they where great, and we dont pay.
If they lost a suitcase, it wouldnt cost all that to replace their belongings.
Denise
thanks I'll let them know - I might get them to check out whether there is an agreement between Aus and UK for emergency care.

thanks for the advice

Debbie
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dcm
thanks I'll let them know - I might get them to check out whether there is an agreement between Aus and UK for emergency care.

thanks for the advice

Debbie
Yes there is, we have a reciprical agreement. They will tell you that at the hospital.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

But what if they are taken ill en route?

I think Trailfinders also cover OAPs.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:06 am
dcm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lesleys
But what if they are taken ill en route?

I think Trailfinders also cover OAPs.

just checked trailfinders £950 :scared:

debbie
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dcm
just checked trailfinders £950 :scared:

debbie
i ts a lot of money isnt it.
thats why mum and dad did not get any last time, and they wont be getting any next time.
And we agreed if one of them passed away here, one would take the others ashes home in hand luggage. Then they would have a spare ticket home so they can take my youngest lol
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:28 pm
dcm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cranni
i ts a lot of money isnt it.
thats why mum and dad did not get any last time, and they wont be getting any next time.
And we agreed if one of them passed away here, one would take the others ashes home in hand luggage. Then they would have a spare ticket home so they can take my youngest lol
i wonder if they give an extra weight allowance for that
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

drivetrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I found these two for when my parents come for an extended stay, they too are in their later years!!

http://insurance.essentialtravel.co....r65Results.asp

http://www.phatravel.com/cgi-bin/premcalc.cgi

Em