Reload this Page >

Travel insurance for emigrating

Wikiposts

Travel insurance for emigrating

Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:15 pm
toplad

Default Re: Travel insurance for emigrating

Originally Posted by ged
Hi Wendy you can book on line or phone 0800 169 9999 covers almost everythink the kids have gone free thats why its so cheap.
jackie

Cant find any info on the post office web site

concerning one way policies

help needed please

thanks

Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:11 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toplad

help needed please

thanks
i just went into the post office website, and it gives you the info for oneway insurance. have a look
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

help needed please

thanks
I'm looking too as we need for our trip in Novembre, and found this so far, it came up when i did a search and its part of the travel policy:

One-Way Cover
This insurance is designed to cover a round trip which starts and finishes at your home in the United Kingdom. It will also provide cover for one-way trips of up to a maximum of 17 days duration, for the purpose of emigration only. The insurance will be restricted to the cover and conditions that would have applied if you had arranged to return to the United Kingdom at the end of the period of insurance.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=toplad]Cant find any info on the post office web site

I couldn't find it either so phoned them to confirm.

Debs
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=woody1cruiser]

Debs
Yeah I'm going through the online quote process right now and can only find single trip at a cost of £90 for 12days, ouch. Policy quotes oneway insurance is available yet getting a quote online doesnt seem to be possible. What did they tell you when you called and what sort of quote were you given? From what I can see they certainly seem a tad expensive.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:17 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=woody1cruiser]

Debs
have you taken the post office one debs?
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Hi

I am having trouble getting travel insurance. Can anyone advise who they used as the companies I am contacting will not do it without a return ticket.

Thanks

Debs
Hi Debs, We managed to get ours from the post office in the UK and it was for a months cover. I can't remember the proper amount but it wasn't expensive. HTH.

Lesleym
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:14 pm
toplad

Just done the quote for 2+2 with postoffice
and came out @£100 for upto 17 days

quote from go walkabout was £104 for same thing except this one is a dedicated one way insurance policy only

not a lot of difference then!!!!!

Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Sleeping Beauty]
Originally Posted by woody1cruiser

have you taken the post office one debs?
Hi

Yes I am going to do the post office. I am going to be staying with my brother in Oz so I have opted for the 3 day cover. Just need the visa's to come through which will hopefully be very soon as start new job on 24th July.

I suppose if you are staying in a hotel or something when you get there it would be best to opt for longer cover but the 3 days suits me.

Debs
Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Insureandgo.com offer one way policies if you select 4 day cover. They cover you until you get through immigration. Useful if you have a one night stop over on the way. From about £10-£30

Sta-travel.co.uk offer flight only one way policies to Oz for just £8 and cover all people, not just students and young people.

Post Office’s extended baggage cover is a bit strange. Normal policy covers you for £1500 on baggage with single article limit of £300. If you pay the extra to cover, say a laptop, your single article limit is increased to £1000 but the total baggage you can claim for is £1000. Not much use for my £900 laptop plus digital camera plus clothes and stuff! About £13 one way for 3 days