Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance for emigrating

Wikiposts

Travel insurance for emigrating

Old Jun 13th 2006, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Travel insurance for emigrating

Hi

I am having trouble getting travel insurance. Can anyone advise who they used as the companies I am contacting will not do it without a return ticket.

Thanks

Debs
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel insurance for emigrating

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Hi

I am having trouble getting travel insurance. Can anyone advise who they used as the companies I am contacting will not do it without a return ticket.

Thanks

Debs

Go Walkabout do it, we were quoted £104 for 2 adults and 2 kids. Or the Post Ofiice do it as well. They will both insure you for up to 17 days.

http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/emigrating.php
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by WendyC
Go Walkabout do it, we were quoted £104 for 2 adults and 2 kids. Or the Post Ofiice do it as well. They will both insure you for up to 17 days.

Thanks Wendy. Will give them a go.

Debs
Old Jun 14th 2006, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

This may sound a silly question but why do you need travel insurance if you're moving there?
You'll hardly get anything back on flight delays, your main possessions will, I imagine, be shipped over or staying in UK, contents/personal/health insurance I expect you'll get once you're in Oz, so is it only your suitcases that you're insuring?
Not trying to be awkward, just wondering!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Hi

Thanks

Debs
If I were you I'd only take travel insurance if you are having stopovers en-route to Oz
Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DianneH68
This may sound a silly question but why do you need travel insurance if you're moving there?
You'll hardly get anything back on flight delays, your main possessions will, I imagine, be shipped over or staying in UK, contents/personal/health insurance I expect you'll get once you're in Oz, so is it only your suitcases that you're insuring?
Not trying to be awkward, just wondering!
OK - so you're on the flight and you have a massive heart attack and the plane needs to divert. You land and get taken to a massively expensive hospital and are there for 4 weeks recuperating. Meanwhile, all your suitcases were stolen the day after you landed.....

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:40 am
ged
Forum Regular

ged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really nice

Hi
just booked our insurance with the post office for £26.00 for 2 adults and three kids
jackie
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marco121068
OK - so you're on the flight and you have a massive heart attack and the plane needs to divert. You land and get taken to a massively expensive hospital and are there for 4 weeks recuperating. Meanwhile, all your suitcases were stolen the day after you landed.....

Thanks for that. I am ever the pessimist (if that is how you spell it). Although it is only our cases that are going, it will probably include essentials and very few clothes as things like that can be bought when we get there to tide me over. Will definitely be booking it.

Debs
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ged
Hi
just booked our insurance with the post office for £26.00 for 2 adults and three kids
jackie
Thanks Jackie. A lot cheaper than £104. What does the cover include?

Debs
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ged
Hi
jackie

That sounds more like it !!. I will go and enquire on Monday
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:11 am
ged
Forum Regular

ged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really nice
Smile Re: Travel insurance for emigrating

That sounds more like it !!. I will go and enquire on Monday

Hi Wendy you can book on line or phone 0800 169 9999 covers almost everythink the kids have gone free thats why its so cheap.
jackie
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ged
Hi Wendy you can book on line or phone 0800 169 9999 covers almost everythink the kids have gone free thats why its so cheap.
jackie
Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marco121068

What I would say is make sure you look in detail about all the terms and conditions, and exactly what is included.
I know some travel insurance policies don't seem to cover you for anything worthwhile.
For example, some won't cover you for items valued at more than, say, £200, unless you pay extra.
Also check exactly what you can claim for if you fall ill.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

Hi

Thanks

Debs
take a look at the top tips , at the beginning of this forum, it contains amongst other things, recomendations on one way insurance providers here's the link
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...71&postcount=1

S
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:07 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

has any looked at the diiference between say 'walkabout' and 'post office' insurance?

one has quoted £104, the other considerably less. i am a bit crap at looking at what they 'offer'!

just wondered if anyone has taken the PO insurance (as cheaper!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.