Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance on Emigrating ??

Travel insurance on Emigrating ??

Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

greggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of lightgreggsy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Travel insurance on Emigrating ??

Anyone got any tips on who to use for travel insurance on the one way trip to Oz when we actually emigrate next month or any ideas on what we should be paying - 2 adults 1 child.

Many thanks.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:33 pm
Lucyb reincarnated

Lucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Travel insurance on Emigrating ??

Originally Posted by greggsy
Anyone got any tips on who to use for travel insurance on the one way trip to Oz when we actually emigrate next month or any ideas on what we should be paying - 2 adults 1 child.

Many thanks.
We used Go Walkabout. £104 for 17 days cover for 2 adults and 2 children. Seems to be the going rate and they were recommended on here.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am hoping that we can go before our annual travel insurance runs out!!!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:50 pm
Lucyb reincarnated

Lucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rammygirl
I am hoping that we can go before our annual travel insurance runs out!!!

read the small print! My annual did not cover for this as we are emigrating...Id give them a ring to be safe if I were you!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.

Check if your bank covers you. With my Nat West Advantage account it covers us for everything, 2 adults and 1 child until we get out of the airport in perth. Changed the account to go back to a normal bank account as of the 21st of april saved me about £200, That will pay for a hire car for a few days. Good Luck

John & Nicky
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Many thanks.

Try the Post Office

Can't remember the cost but I do remember it was very good price and one way travel was not a problem with them
Old May 7th 2006, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkandJulie
Try the Post Office

Can't remember the cost but I do remember it was very good price and one way travel was not a problem with them
Just been looking at Travel Insurance and cover for about 14 days, this will cover while we stay at temp accom. 2A3C total premium £47.70 this was from www.travel-insurance.co.uk everything seemed to be covered asked for a written quotation, so we will wait and see.
Old May 7th 2006, 10:50 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need a different type of travel insurance to what you would use if you were just going on holiday?

we have just used Insure & Go for our validation trip.

Our bank does provide travel insurance but not worldwide, the price to upgrade was more expensive than the insurance company we've used.

Old May 7th 2006, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

You definitely need a different type of insurance as most policies only cover you for trips that begin and end in the UK. I was told that no normal policies cover this. Do a search on this forum as this was how we found out who to use. Can't remember who they were though !
Old May 7th 2006, 11:52 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.
Bridie recommended a good one on her site the other day. Heres the link:-

http://ozpiggybank.com/index.php?showtopic=159

Worth checking the site for other money saving tips too!!

HTH

Rach xxxx
Old May 7th 2006, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkandJulie
Try the Post Office

We had post office one way, i think it was about 60 pound 2 adults 3 kids.
My suitcase never got here and i got 3000 dollars comp, they where brill and very efficient.
Denise
Old May 7th 2006, 12:50 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Many thanks.
Try http://www.atlasdirect.net

We use them for normal travel insurance and have found them really good. Also check out this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=atlas
Old May 7th 2006, 12:59 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Direct Line is also very good and they didn't charge for my son.