Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Old Apr 18th 2012, 11:43 am
Just Joined

littleblossom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel Insurance

Hi

Can anyone please advise me about cheap family travel insurance please one way to Asia for 4 weeks and then back to the UK.

Not sure which is the best travel insurance to go with any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Travel Insurance

We used travelinsurancedirect.com.au for last trip to Indo. Had to make a claim, took a while but ok in the end. Excess wasn't nothing though - maybe $100-150.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:47 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Insure for less
It's around $109 each adult for one way to the UK, but the kids are free!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littleblossom
Hi

Can anyone please advise me about cheap family travel insurance please one way to Asia for 4 weeks and then back to the UK.

Not sure which is the best travel insurance to go with any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
We used columbusdirect which we found provided the best cover. It was $226 for 2 of us for 2 weeks to travel to the US. then onto London, back to Singapore and down to Sydney.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Read the fine print. The travel insurance my bank offers stipulate that you must be australian resident so if you are emigrating back to the uk and don't have return flights your policy will be invalid. Of course there are probably insurers who cover people immigrating.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zenshin
Read the fine print. The travel insurance my bank offers stipulate that you must be australian resident so if you are emigrating back to the uk and don't have return flights your policy will be invalid. Of course there are probably insurers who cover people immigrating.
I don't think anyone said anything about emigrating?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:17 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PENNY45
We used travelinsurancedirect.com.au for last trip to Indo. Had to make a claim, took a while but ok in the end. Excess wasn't nothing though - maybe $100-150.
I like these guys too...the coverage was a lot better than many more expensive options. Use promo code 'TIDTHANKS' for 10% discount.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sassie
I don't think anyone said anything about emigrating?
oops I may have read their post wrong. It said they were travelling one way so I assumed they were emigrating.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:05 pm
UK migrant now in Oz

jorgon will become famous soon enough

Hi littleblossom

You might also consider getting a credit card which has complimentary travel insurance if you pay for the trip on the card. The cover is usually as good as ordinary travel insurance and although you may have to pay a fee for the card, it will be cheaper if you do a couple of trips a year than to buy travel insurance separately (and easier to organise).