Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance

Travel insurance

Old Oct 5th 2009, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice
Default Travel insurance

Moving to Melbourne end October, need to sort travel insurance.

Don't know whether to go for one way migration insurance for 21 days or "long term" travel insurance for 3 to 4 months?

I have return airfare tickets so I am guessing I won't fall fowl of the "not valid for one way trip" provisions of the "long term" insurance option?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:47 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all
Default Re: Travel insurance

Originally Posted by chilliman
Moving to Melbourne end October, need to sort travel insurance.

Don't know whether to go for one way migration insurance for 21 days or "long term" travel insurance for 3 to 4 months?

I have return airfare tickets so I am guessing I won't fall fowl of the "not valid for one way trip" provisions of the "long term" insurance option?
Have you already given up hope with your Oz adventure that you have return tickets.

I would personally go 21 days as you can also get cheap travel insurance in Oz. If you surf the net a bit to confirm then a few options would come out to see which is cheaper. I wasn't aware of the catch on getting travel insurance on one way tickets - something to look out for.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

You have to give a UK address if you do the UK insurance. Just bear in mind, that should you have an accident, you could end up repatriated to the UK
The other thing to be cautious of, is that insurance companies will find any loophole to avoid paying out. Is it worth the risk?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
You have to give a UK address if you do the UK insurance. Just bear in mind, that should you have an accident, you could end up repatriated to the UK
The other thing to be cautious of, is that insurance companies will find any loophole to avoid paying out. Is it worth the risk?
Ah hadn't thought of that, thanks.

One way it is!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chilliman
Ah hadn't thought of that, thanks.

One way it is!
Who are you using?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Who are you using?
Probably one highlighted in this thread?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...avel+insurance
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We used them & it was all very easy but thankfully we had no need to claim.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

phoned direct travel yesterday looks like £38.50 for the premium insurance for 17 days!