Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance ?

Travel insurance ?

Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Travel insurance ?

Can anyone tell me if you need travel insurance to emigrate and if so which company they would recommend ?

Thanks.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

stardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of lightstardust is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Travel insurance ?

Originally Posted by lang81
Can anyone tell me if you need travel insurance to emigrate and if so which company they would recommend ?

Thanks.
Sorry can't answer it myself but have been wondering what you do about life insurance when you first get out there. We are not working for a couple of months and wondered if we could get by just having travel insurance. Will await your replies
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Thanks.
We used this one http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/
We holidayed before arrival in Oz and the insurance covered us for the holiday plus the initial week of our arrival in Oz.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:33 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
I second the recommendation for http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/benefits.htm

One of the main reasons is they give you 17 days cover when you arrive, many other policies end when you reach immigration.

Neil.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Travel insurance ?

Originally Posted by Caroline G
We used this one http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/
We holidayed before arrival in Oz and the insurance covered us for the holiday plus the initial week of our arrival in Oz.

We are using www.travellers.com.au for travel insurance - we are taking time out in Thailand with no problems with cover there and initial days in Perth, they are really flexible regarding one-way, multiple destinations, existing medical conditions, gold package covering more expensive items like laptop etc. London number if you want to have a chat and discuss details: 0207 432 7475 - I have rang them lots just to keep checking the cover on offer.

Paula