Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel Insurance

Hi folks

We fly out on 15 January and i've just realised I don't have travel insurance yet. Does anyone have any names of companies they have used? Is there certain companies that will insure for just one way travel? I've always went on package holidays before and taken insurance with the travel agent so I'm a bit unsure of whats available when your immigrating.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Jayne
Old Dec 17th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Travel Insurance

Originally Posted by jayne+doug
Hi folks

We fly out on 15 January and i've just realised I don't have travel insurance yet. Does anyone have any names of companies they have used? Is there certain companies that will insure for just one way travel? I've always went on package holidays before and taken insurance with the travel agent so I'm a bit unsure of whats available when your immigrating.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Jayne
Bump this one up - will be interested as we don't have any & was just wondering what to do.

Pockygoes
Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Travel Insurance

Here's something posted earlier on another thread. I'm just about to go check them out.
Yv

You need special 'one-way' travel insurance and won't be covered by the standard credit card deal. We used www.insureandgo.co.uk and they were very helpful. If you are carrying any valuables (laptop, jewellery etc) you might need a top-up for the journey and when you first arrive - try www.johnwason.co.uk.

Hope this helps - and it really is worth it.

Lesley