Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Old Jun 27th 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all
Default Travel Insurance

Hi

I've had a few one way travel ins quotes, but the problem is:

the personal belongings cover is for £2,000 per person and only up to £250 per individual item.

We are planning to take, amongst other things, a notebook pc (£1, 399) and a tenor saxophone (£1, 300). We need to take them, as they are our sons and he will be starting school within a week of us arriving in Adelaide!

The pc will fit in our hand luggage for the plane, but the saxophone will have to go with the cases.

Has anyone managed to find ins with a higher compensation level?

Thanks

Old Jun 27th 2004, 3:03 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Travel Insurance

Originally posted by gdcollectables
Hi

I've had a few one way travel ins quotes, but the problem is:

the personal belongings cover is for £2,000 per person and only up to £250 per individual item.

We are planning to take, amongst other things, a notebook pc (£1, 399) and a tenor saxophone (£1, 300). We need to take them, as they are our sons and he will be starting school within a week of us arriving in Adelaide!

The pc will fit in our hand luggage for the plane, but the saxophone will have to go with the cases.

Has anyone managed to find ins with a higher compensation level?

Thanks

hi there.

i can't help much, but have you tried directline? http://uk.directline.com/travel/welcome.htm

the blurb on the home pages says "Our policies can also be tailored to your individual needs." it might be worth giving them a ring.

Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Scutter

thanks for that!

have phoned them, but they won't cover one way trips!!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:34 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got my insurance with

www.insureandgo.com

For me, single bloke, one way with a stopover.........£21

Cover ceases 24 hours after I hit customs.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:55 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ianj
I just got my insurance with

www.insureandgo.com

For me, single bloke, one way with a stopover.........£21

Cover ceases 24 hours after I hit customs.
Many of the more "obvious" insurance companies won't cover one-way travel (weird, what difference does it make?) although they tend to bury this in the small print. I grubbed around a while ago and found only insureandgo.

BTW don't confuse "one-way trip" with "single trip", as I kept doing!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 5:00 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed,

Single trip is what I thought at first. The rep put me right though when I phoned them to get the quote and take the cover.

One way trip is what I now have.

Yippee
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

www.johnwason.co.uk will insure possessions which you take with you, not just while travelling but also in temporary accommodation. Also I think www.insureandgo.com can direct you to specific computer insurance. I spent days ringing round to get these and I don't think there are are any others, unless you can extend your house house contents insurance.

Lesley
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

www.johnwason.co.uk will insure possessions which you take with you, not just while travelling but also in temporary accommodation. Also I think www.insureandgo.com can direct you to specific computer insurance. I spent days ringing round to get these and I don't think there are are any others, unless you can extend your house house contents insurance.

Lesley