Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

travel insurance

travel insurance

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough
Default travel insurance

Hi,

What are you all doing about travel insurance? Do any of you have any recommendations where we can obtain decent insurance to last for the duration of our journey and also for a short time after our arrival in NZ until we can arrange more permanent insurance for our belongings?

Many thanks

Helen
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 8:59 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: travel insurance

Originally posted by tom's mum
Hi,

What are you all doing about travel insurance? Do any of you have any recommendations where we can obtain decent insurance to last for the duration of our journey and also for a short time after our arrival in NZ until we can arrange more permanent insurance for our belongings?

Many thanks

Helen

Good luck with your house exchange.....
I have searched the web and read the threads and made dozens of phone calls and for us (2 persons over 25 but under 65 years of age Columbus was DEFINITELY the cheapest and best.)
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: travel insurance

Originally posted by tom's mum
Hi,

Many thanks

Helen

Hi Helen,
I think there was a thread on this a wee while ago and someone reccomended teaking Back Packers insurance for a year. I have no experience of it myself but they seemed to be saying that it was quite comprehensive and cheap and would give plenty of time to get settled and sorted!

Maybe somone else knows more about it!