Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

travel buddie websites etc?

travel buddie websites etc?

Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default travel buddie websites etc?

Im over in geelong in australia and plan to do a bit of traveling once i maybe get a car and maybe after i have got some work or before i get work where i am at, i need to know can anyone tell me websites or where i can find people like myself who would travel with me as company or travel buddies etc.

as i am here alone and need to make some friends while here, i have only just been here over a week so not sure what my plans are yet and what i want first if to work or travel or do both while traveling around.

but any travel buddies i think would be cool while over here as such a big place alone.

Im not bugged male or female travel buddies.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:30 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just go with the flow and rock up at a backpackers. There is normally someone wanting to scab a lift etc. I found the English backpackers a bit annoying as they stick in regional cliques and insist on doing everything together. They seemed more interested in rebuilding their English life in Oz rather than doing something new.

The bloke who I came over with went a bit wayward. I met up and travelled with a mad dutch bloke and had a great time.

Turn up at a backpackers with a car and you will have no problems.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:33 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
I would just go with the flow and rock up at a backpackers. There is normally someone wanting to scab a lift etc. I found the English backpackers a bit annoying as they stick in regional cliques and insist on doing everything together. They seemed more interested in rebuilding their English life in Oz rather than doing something new.

The bloke who I came over with went a bit wayward. I met up and travelled with a mad dutch bloke and had a great time.

Turn up with a car and ur problems START lolol

Swedish or danish B/packers are best !! specially the shaven armpitted ones< ladies i mean >
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:36 pm
Merlot

Originally posted by bondipom

Agreed, steer clear of English as we hunt in packs. I did when I came over as a wet around the lugs 21 year old in 1991. As I travelled Oz I found I hooked up with Australians and French.

As I travelled more in the world I realised that other cultures are more me and had a great time in Israel/Egypt 94/95 with Swedes & Germans!

The Brits tend to be "Brit's on the P**S".

Good luck
Merlot