travel

Old Jun 25th 2002, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold
Default travel

Hi
someone on this site is planning on travelling around oz for a few months when they arrive.I believe their thinking is" why swap one 9-5 lifestyle for another".If you are still out there can you respond as we are also considering this option.

thanks
donna
Old Jun 26th 2002, 9:20 am
Thunder Ace

Default Re: travel

donna <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi someone on this site is planning on travelling around oz for a few months when
    > they arrive.I believe their thinking is" why swap one 9-5 lifestyle for another".If
    > you are still out there can you respond as we are also considering this option.
    >
    > thanks donna

I plan to do some of this, but with a couple of kids, I'll have to get thenm settled
in a school eventually. I figure that a couple of months out is necessary. You need
to unwind and adjust to your new surroundings. The last thing you need is to jump
straight back into a rut, thereby limiting your options prematurely. I thought I
might buy a camper van and take off.

Thunder Ace

Old Jun 26th 2002, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

yea same here although we think we know were we want to base ourselves we have decided not to start olly in a school for at least a few months so we can travel about and look round.
we took a couple of months holiday and looked beetween melbourne and brissy so we may head down toward adalaid this time.
just to make sure.
well its a good excuse anyway.
shaun
Old Jun 26th 2002, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Hi
thanks for the reply.
I dont know if you are at the end of your process ,but we are right at the begining ,ie,just handed over the mountains of paperwork over to the agent on monday,huge sigh of relief.
We are considering Brisbane,seem have the best things,for us anyway.We have 2 children 4 and 6 and want to spend a few months travelling around that kind of area.I was wondering whether you had looked into hiring/buying a camper van or one of those git big winnibago things.
It would be good to keep in touch so you can let me know the ins and outs,
ps . the other half has just splashed out on his dream bike ,a fireblade.
donna
Old Jun 27th 2002, 9:12 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

That'll be us. We're really going for the whole "getta (new) life" thing and def. not swaping 9-5 here for 9-5 there.

So we're planning on flying into Sydney, buying a Kombi and heading north for the winter, then back south for the summer. After that, well, we might have found somewhere we like - or maybe we'll have a look at Perth (ooh adventure!)

Just picked up our pukka backpackers backpacks last weekend - his'n'her matching Karrimors - mmmm nice.....

So whatcha upto then donna?

Mouse