Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

transporting pets

transporting pets

Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

mark2466 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default transporting pets

I am going to be moving to Perth soon and have been quoted £2,700 to ship my dog out....is that a little expensive or a good price. If anyone knows anything on the subject the help would be much appreciated

Mark
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:10 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: transporting pets

Depends on the size of dog I would assume, I shipped my two cats over £1100 all in apart from quarantine fees in Aus.

I used Airpets near Heathrow and they seemed to do a good job.

www.airpets.co.uk
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future
Smile Re: transporting pets

my god that does seem expensive. we are also taking our dog and someone on here reccomended GOLDEN ARROW pet shipping company who i have e.mailed and still waiting for a reply you could also try them.do u mind me asking what dog u have?is he/she a big one?!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mark2466
I am going to be moving to Perth soon and have been quoted £2,700 to ship my dog out....is that a little expensive or a good price. If anyone knows anything on the subject the help would be much appreciated

Mark
Hi Mark
we arrived in Perth almost 2 weeks ago, We used Golden Arrow Shippers to transport our Jack Russle costing £1200 and the another $700 for the quarantine depends on what size your dog is to how much it will cost.
Thoroughly recommend Golden Arrows ....9 days and counting for the day we can pick our pooch up

Goodluck

Claire
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madhouse!
Hi Mark
we arrived in Perth almost 2 weeks ago, We used Golden Arrow Shippers to transport our Jack Russle costing £1200 and the another $700 for the quarantine depends on what size your dog is to how much it will cost.
Thoroughly recommend Golden Arrows ....9 days and counting for the day we can pick our pooch up

Goodluck

Claire
thanks for the reply, have you got golden arrows web address at hand please..
Old Mar 25th 2005, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by island.girl
my god that does seem expensive. we are also taking our dog and someone on here reccomended GOLDEN ARROW pet shipping company who i have e.mailed and still waiting for a reply you could also try them.do u mind me asking what dog u have?is he/she a big one?!

she's a young med sized german shepard, the quote was from airpets....for the price they quoted I could fly there and back first class...
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Golden Arrows havent got a website, they are based in Shropshire and there telephone No. is 01588 680240

All the best
Claire
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

island.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant futureisland.girl has a brilliant future

I dont sorry, i used a search engine google i think, but someone seems to think they dont have a web page, i did find it but havent had a reply to my e.mail, but who knows wether id be able to find it again! sorry if this wasnt any help. try though u might have some luck!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madhouse!
Golden Arrows havent got a website, they are based in Shropshire and there telephone No. is 01588 680240

All the best
Claire

Thanks for that , am on it now
Old Mar 25th 2005, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: transporting pets

ignore my last thread madhouse was right golden arrow havnt got a website atall sorry! it must hav been airpets i got confused but hav jus spoken to the guy at golden arrow and he very nice and sending me quote through th epost. sorry again for mix up!!!