Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transporting 4 bikes

Transporting 4 bikes

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transporting 4 bikes

Re my other thread re spacious SUVs/pretend 4WDs.....

Is it possible to transport 4 full-sized bikes (of the cycle variety!) either on a 'roof-rack', trailer or some other contraption without having to buy a trailer?

I've never seen 4 bikes being transported so it may not be possible, but thanks anyway

Cheers
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:45 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transporting 4 bikes

Originally Posted by tictac
Re my other thread re spacious SUVs/pretend 4WDs.....

Is it possible to transport 4 full-sized bikes (of the cycle variety!) either on a 'roof-rack', trailer or some other contraption without having to buy a trailer?

I've never seen 4 bikes being transported so it may not be possible, but thanks anyway

Cheers
I have a rack that goes over my tow bar it fits 3 big adult bikes. I think they also have them for 4.

Have you looked at the Nissan pathfinder? I know your not looking at Prado's but the nissan may suit your needs in both space and budget. I know Buzzy Bee got one but he may of paid for a top of the range model ( you might still get a decent model for the $48K + some decent haggling?) or what about something in the jeep range?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:42 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transporting 4 bikes

You can get roof racks that easily carry 2 (i've got one) but I think if you shuffled them over you could also get 3-4 bikes on there!

Most auto places will stock a range of RHINO racks that come in a range of sizes/shapes to suit just about any vehicle and they can be altered depending on if you carry bikes, or ski's or kayak or whatver other gear you have!

I used to have a set of Rhino racks that would carry 4 sets of skis and 2 snowboards in the winter, which could be adjusted/altered to carry 2 bikes in the summer and also had a harness for 2 kayaks!

My mum and dad have a bike rack that goes on the tow bar - allows them to carry 4 bikes - plus you can still attach a trailer (they can get a couple of bikes on it and still connect their caravan).