Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transportation cost of animals

Transportation cost of animals

Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:51 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Transportation cost of animals

Hi All

I got some quotations from transport companies about moving the pets.

Crown relocations are charging 3500 euros for two cats and a dog all inclusive from The Netherlands to Brisbane

I just want to know what the reasonable cost for the transport.

My dog is chow chow about 25 kg and two big kats 6.5 kg each

Any info will be appreciated

Badri
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

ajax4779 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transportation cost of animals

Originally Posted by badri
Hi All

Crown relocations are charging 3500 euros for two cats and a dog all inclusive from The Netherlands to Brisbane

Badri
I have had quotations for transporting my dogs/cat from Heathrow to Melbourne and 3500 Euros sounds very reasonable to me.
i wish you good luck. Very stressfull time worrying about getting ones babies to Australia.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

From the UK to NSW we were quoted £1000 for our little terrier (including all taxes etc) and £6500 for the wifes horse!!
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:28 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Badri
Hi there, try this link, it was a thread on here a while back with loads of info on it.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277029
Don't know if it'll work, I've never added a link before.
Marie
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Four weeks ago our two cats and dog (Cocker Spaniel - 15KG) came over from Heathrow - Melbourne (only 2 nights until I get them back from quarantine ). Our shipment is coming with Crown, however, I got several quotes from pet exporters. The cheapest was 1,700 pounds and the most expensive was 2,600 pounds. I eventually went with a company who charged 2,200 pounds. Just shows that there are huge differences on charges and it's worth shopping around. I know we came from the UK but hopefully the quotes above will give you some idea.

Louise
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:31 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

try Skydogs. 30 years experience and only charge a small amount for admin...

Telephone: (+44) 01629 734000

Fax (+44) 01629 735555

email: [email protected]

no proper website as yet... he`ll get a decent one soon.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:52 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stormz
try Skydogs. 30 years experience and only charge a small amount for admin...

Telephone: (+44) 01629 734000

Fax (+44) 01629 735555

email: [email protected]

no proper website as yet... he`ll get a decent one soon.
Thanks a lot everyonbe. Crown is trying to give a good deal. I will get the information this week. I let you guys know more in detail.

I did make an excel sheet with all the information. So in future if someone needs it let me know

Badri
Old Feb 24th 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

sharkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Badri
I'm coming from France and have been quoted from 5,500 to 6,500 euros for one dog to Melbourne.... I am considering shipping him from UK where the extra paper work has got to be worth the savings... 3,500 euros is fine..
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Stef :) is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I recently 'transported' my two westies (west highland terriers) via Perth quarantine, for which we managed to get a very good price. However they have cost a small fortune since arrival due to the lack of care they recieved whilst in quarantine. They were quite poorly after the 30 days, exuding lots of green slime (nasal) as well as excessive weight gain. The main problem though was a large eye ulcer which luckily cleared up following extensive medical treatment, unfortunately it has recently re occured and he is currently being re treated.
So make sure that your pets are adequately insured or have funds for potential vet fees on their arrival.
Stef
PS they both love being in Oz
Old Feb 24th 2005, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point

[Does it make a difference from where they are coming from? We are in Belgium. Looks a nightmare whatever it costs. :scared:
Old Feb 24th 2005, 3:09 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paulb
From the UK to NSW we were quoted £1000 for our little terrier (including all taxes etc) and £6500 for the wifes horse!!

Hi Paulb,

May i ask who was the company for the "G G"?
might have a simular conundrum