Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transport in Perth

Transport in Perth

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transport in Perth

I know that I bang on about the many deficencies of Australia but I thought I'd share my joy at the transport system here in Perth.

I needed to get from Perth back to the suburbs the other night.

Went on the Transperth website, Typed in my origin and destination. Schedule and pirce came up.

Train appeared, got off at said train station. Walked up the ramp - there was the bus waiting as promised and within 5 minutes I was on my way and dropped within 100 mteres of my house.

Fabulous - the type of integrated transport system I'd spent many years praying for in the UK....Well done, Perth!!

Now, back to those shoddy houses, rip-off banks, unions, regulated markets, poor customer service.....
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:18 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transport in Perth

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I know that I bang on about the many deficencies of Australia but I thought I'd share my joy at the transport system here in Perth.

Went on the Transperth website, Typed in my origin and destination. Schedule and pirce came up.

Train appeared, got off at said train station. Walked up the ramp - there was the bus waiting as promised and within 5 minutes I was on my way and dropped within 100 mteres of my house.

Fabulous - the type of integrated transport system I'd spent many years praying for in the UK....Well done, Perth!!

Now, back to those shoddy houses, rip-off banks, unions, regulated markets, poor customer service.....
Train service works okay if your starting point and destination are within walking distance of train stations. Try getting a bus after 7pm at night or on a sunday: it's a whole new ball game. And our taxi problem is now infamous worldwide thanks to "The Great Race" and the poor taxi system here.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:44 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transport in Perth

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

I agree, and here's something that would never happen in the UK. I was on the train hoping to get the last bus home from Whitfords. Someone was taken ill on the train causing it to be delayed 15 minutes.

Got to Whitfords and guess what? The bus was there, having waited for the delayed train because they knew there would be passengers on the train needing the last bus. In the UK the bus would have gone exactly on time, bugger the train.