Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transport industry in perth

Transport industry in perth

Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

hampshire chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Transport industry in perth

Hi me again with another question. I am a nurse so I can get a job before coming to aus, but my husband is a Depot manager for a large transport company and is worried he won't be able to find work in his sector. Just wondering if anyone out there already in the same line of work that could recommend any contacts or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Ovalkeith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transport industry in perth

Hi,

I'm a manager in the rail industry and have been looking at Perth but other than mining Railways haven't really found anything. There is a big boom at the moment in Australian Rail so you should see a growing amount of positions but at the moment this is more over the East side.

The positions in the mining sector (There is a massive rail network to support the mines) appear to be more residential and as I don't fancy moving my family out to somewhere as remote as The Pilbarra region, I haven't persued a few leads I've had there.

I've been lucky to be offered a good position in Sydney so am considering that at the moment. You haven't said what area your husband is in, but try railpersonnel.com, railwaypeople.com or allrailjobs.com if its rail orientated. (try them anyway, even if its not)

btw, the position I've been offered is through railpersonnel.com I've found them very helpful.