Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transport from Brissy Airport

Transport from Brissy Airport

Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:41 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transport from Brissy Airport

Right....here's my dilemma:

When we land at Brissy airport (hopefully mid April house sale permitting....please don't collapse on me now!) .........we'll have copious amounts of luggage plus 3 kids. We're planning on getting a short term holiday rental for 2 weeks up near the Buderim area. Considering Buderim's approximately a 2 hour trip away from the airport a taxi's prob going to be out of the question as it'll be mega bucks
If we hire a car from the airport.... even something huge like a toyota tarago isn't going to be big enough for all our luggage + 5 people.

What have all you peeps done when you landed on the other side??? How did you get all your luggage + sprogs to where you're crashing?

Petra
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: Transport from Brissy Airport

Is Buderim on the Sunshine Coast? If so there's a coach - http://www.bne.com.au/content/standa...ublicTransport

I'll be going to the Gold Coast and hope to use the Airtrain facility.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:53 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Is Buderim on the Sunshine Coast? If so there's a coach - http://www.bne.com.au/content/standa...ublicTransport

I'll be going to the Gold Coast and hope to use the Airtrain facility.
Cheers Sue!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:37 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Tarago probably too small. Id' suggest something like a Ford Falcon Wagon (large estate car).

Also many hirers will also hire you a trailer in which you could put your luggage
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Koza is on a distinguished road

probably repeating...

If you call the "airport transfer" people, they will send a 10-person mini-bus with a box trailer. You just have to tell them the number of people and the amount of luggige - and everything else is not your worrie Will cost about $20-30 per person.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:18 am
....is FAB

Thanks jayr & Koza I'll check out both your suggestions..

Sending some karma for your trouble - cheers!

Petra
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

Picked up from Brissy airport on 26th Oct 2004 and delivered to Alex Headland where we stayed for 1 month in Alexandria Apartments right opposite the beach. We had 8 suit cases and 1 surfboard 2 aduts and 2 kids. It cost us $105.00 and i gave a 5 buck tip. They do the trip every hour.

Sunshine Coast transfers i think they are called. Got details somewhere if interested. Loved staying at the apartments and still go back and see the owner as she is interested in how we are settling in!!

The trip is 1 hour from airport on a clear run to Buderim dioing about 110.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Petra......at long last, things are looking up.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Dont forget your stopover at Perth....Mick has just finished the house, as I told him it had to be ready for you and yours!!!!

All the very,very best

with love........always
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi again,
Have also sent you some Karma, to keep you going for this very last 'leg' in the process. It seems so unfair that you have had your visas for a lifetime and are still stuck in Pompey!!!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:24 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by artep

When we land at Brissy airport (hopefully mid April house sale permitting....please don't collapse on me now!) .........we'll have copious amounts of luggage plus 3 kids. We're planning on getting a short term holiday rental for 2 weeks up near the Buderim area. Considering Buderim's approximately a 2 hour trip away from the airport a taxi's prob going to be out of the question as it'll be mega bucks
If we hire a car from the airport.... even something huge like a toyota tarago isn't going to be big enough for all our luggage + 5 people.

What have all you peeps done when you landed on the other side??? How did you get all your luggage + sprogs to where you're crashing?

Petra

Sydney TD has given you what I would have suggested. Great to hear things are moving on though for you.

Depending on what you were thinking of doing for a car, I guess another alternative is to hire two cars (to fit your needs) and give one back after 24hours and the other after a week, or for however long you want it till you get sorted. Both Budget & Thrifty have online deals at the moment I think. The drive from the airport to Buderim is very easy too and unless you're arriving in afternoon rush hour you should make good time
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:33 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by Sydney The Dog
Sunshine Coast transfers i think they are called. Got details somewhere if interested.
Sydney TD - Sent you a pm

sandra + michelle - Thanks!!! Tried sending some karma but have to spread! Here's an I.O.U.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

sally brooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Petra[/QUOTE]

Hi Petra,

Can't offer any different advise on transport but thought I would pass on a tip that I wish someone had to me before - The word Sprog in Australia means something quite different to that of the menaing in the UK - I have been here over 4 years and said it last week to my boss - after he explained what it meant in Aus, firstly I was very embarrassed and secondly tried to rack my brain to try and remember if I had said it to anyone else!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:10 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Fully understand how ya felt..... that was one ov outr main concerns....esp havin 2 adults and five kids....and luggage that looked like we were auditionin for comin to america!!...

we hired a tarrago from the airport for 2 weeks (sorted that out online from the uk) but we were so luckie that nosuchluck came to give us a helpin hand when we arrived..... it was lovely to see a familiar face waitin for us....thanx again hunni xx

boomie
xx

Originally Posted by artep

Petra
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Petra,

Can't offer any different advise on transport but thought I would pass on a tip that I wish someone had to me before - The word Sprog in Australia means something quite different to that of the menaing in the UK - I have been here over 4 years and said it last week to my boss - after he explained what it meant in Aus, firstly I was very embarrassed and secondly tried to rack my brain to try and remember if I had said it to anyone else!
Hey, don't keep us in suspense - I've asked round the office here and they think Sprog means kid! we are now a bunch of confused Aussies and Brits!!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

sunair do a door to door service, you can either book in advance or just hop on the next availble coach when you get to the airport, I think the run an hourly service. They have a booking desk in the airport. Otherwise book through the sunair website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.