Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT or translator, which is more advisable?

IT or translator, which is more advisable?

Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:25 am
Just Joined

thomasyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT or translator, which is more advisable?

I have two choices:

1. Have my skills accessed by the ACS, maybe by the longer way of RPL;

2. Take a NAATI translator's test, this is probably more direct and easier to prepare. (If I am right, NAATI test=skills accessment)

Success of either one will give me the same points (60);

and qualification and experience will not be a problem.

Now, the question:

which one is more advisable and will give me more chance of success of migration?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Very hard to know i think... what language/languages are you skilled in?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by podgypossum
Very hard to know i think... what language/languages are you skilled in?
Chinese is my mother language, English my second language; I am a veteran translator between the languages.

Last edited by thomasyang; Jan 11th 2004 at 11:30 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:19 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT or translator, which is more advisable?

Originally posted by thomasyang
I have two choices:

2. Take a NAATI translator's test, this is probably more direct and easier to prepare. (If I am right, NAATI test=skills accessment)

Now, the question:

which one is more advisable and will give me more chance of success of migration?

Thanks!
It what field are you working at the moment? remember you have to have recent experience in the profession you are applying under. Are you working full time both in IT and transtation?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:19 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I have two choices:

Now, the question:

Thanks!
What field are you working at the moment? remember you have to have recent experience in the profession you are applying under. Are you working full time both in IT and transtation?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by renth
What field are you working at the moment? remember you have to have recent experience in the profession you are applying under. Are you working full time both in IT and transtation?
Yes
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

is it not viable to apply with both qualifications therefore doubling your chances?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:44 pm
(It's not my real name)

Yes
I think you'd either need to have a look at the DIMIA web site to see how a full time occupation is defined, in terms of hours per week or talk to an agent.

Allan Collet knows his stuff and is a frequent poster to this forum.

The ACS's RPL path is pretty tortuous so if possible I'd go the translator path.

You really need chapter and verse from either a registered agent or DIMIA.