Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transfers less than £5000

Transfers less than £5000

Old May 24th 2004, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

gazza321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfers less than £5000

Who gives the best rate for sending over amounts less than £5000 (HIFX's smallest transfer)
Cheers

Gazza
Old May 24th 2004, 9:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.tranzfers.com
Old May 24th 2004, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Pollyana.Will check them out.
Old May 24th 2004, 5:03 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi Pollyana,

Have you used these people? Thanks for the suggestion am going to Brisbane in a couple of weeks for 2 months was just going to use my debit card but 2.53 is a great rate!
Old May 24th 2004, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I use them every month cos I still have a loan and stuff in the UK to pay off, so I need to move smallish amounts of cash. They are very good, excellent support system if you have questions,and the cash usually takes 4 working days from here to the UK.
Old May 24th 2004, 9:09 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Thanks pollyana, will use them this week after your recommendation!
Old May 24th 2004, 9:12 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by BKate
Thanks pollyana, will use them this week after your recommendation!

Yup, & I have saved that link... hopefully I'll be needing it one day soon
Old May 24th 2004, 9:44 pm
Blue army down under!

nickram is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellant find, many thanks
Old May 24th 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Pollyana

They look good. I was a bit dissapointed that HIFX wont transfer anything less than £5000 (at least I think she meant £ and not $)
Old May 24th 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Hey all

When you are pricing out the rates and charges for less than £5k transfers you must include a look at :

http://www.ozforex.com.au/default.htm

I think you will find they work out best - they certainly did when I transferred £3k last year

Peter
Old May 25th 2004, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Peter

Same company I think

Originally posted by Paylia
Hey all

When you are pricing out the rates and charges for less than £5k transfers you must include a look at :

http://www.ozforex.com.au/default.htm

I think you will find they work out best - they certainly did when I transferred £3k last year

Peter
Old May 25th 2004, 8:24 am
Home and Happy

Yea, same company - they explained it to me as Tranzfers being aimed at small personal transfers, like backpackers wanting £50 from mum, whereas the other half of the company deals in larger amounts and some movement of money for companies.
Have a lok and use the bit that best meets your needs each time.