Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transfers from Airport ???

Transfers from Airport ???

Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Default Transfers from Airport ???

Not sleeping to well at the moment with so many things running through my mind.

I woke up in the night and it dawned on me that its all well and good getting this additional baggage allowance but how on earth are we supposed to get it up to the sunshine coast.

On our last visit we hired a tarrago but as there are six of us there was hardly any room for our bags - what the hell do people do with 12+ suitcases !!!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

perhaps you could hire a larger vehicle/minibus or a trailer to put the cases in?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

I think we will probly need a HGV

How is anyone else transfering all their luggage ?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:08 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jwinch
I think we will probly need a HGV

How is anyone else transfering all their luggage ?

where are u travelling from and to where??
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Transfers from Airport ???

I woke up in the night and it dawned on me that its all well and good getting this additional baggage allowance but how on earth are we supposed to get it up to the sunshine coast.

On our last visit we hired a tarrago but as there are six of us there was hardly any room for our bags - what the hell do people do with 12+ suitcases !!!!!!
Maybe you could organise a minbus transfer.

Try this:
http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au...svc_505229.cfm
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

On the same subject, we have to transfer from Melbourne Int. to St Kilda at 2AM with 2 kids. Can anyone suggest a simple way to do it. Is there a direct bus route etc or is it cheap enough in the taxi

Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by anypan
Hi,

On the same subject, we have to transfer from Melbourne Int. to St Kilda at 2AM with 2 kids. Can anyone suggest a simple way to do it. Is there a direct bus route etc or is it cheap enough in the taxi

Thanks

You could try this site....I have used them before...they were not too pricey...Not sure if they operate at 2am tho...

http://www.affiliate.viator.com/broc...AUID=MELBOURNE
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:21 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Whereabouts on the Sunshine Coast? There's the AirTrain that runs straight out of the airport (assuming its Brisbane you're flying into) and connects up to some parts of the coast. Could be awkard with all your cases I suppose.

How about hiring two cars?! Hiring a minibus? Pre-booking a taxi? Seeing if there's a minibus service up to your area? What about a Greyhound bus?!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:08 pm
mick n cheryl

Hi

We did the same trip Brissie airport to sunshine coast when we arrived last June. Not 12 cases but 7 + hand luggage so about 12/13 pieces all in. We had pre booked nothing but had been told we would be fine getting a "sunair coach"???. It turned out good, when we arrived we had a coffee+beer, me being greedy at 6AM ( got to have my 1st Aussie beer love???!!!).

Anyway getting off track when we arrived we went up to the informaytion desk and they booked us on a sunair coach up to Maroochydore 10 mins later along came a mini-coach with a large trailer behind for the luggage it only cost about $80 for all of us (2 so called adults and 3 kids!!) so good value I thought, and they took us to the door of the hotel

Hope this helps, you can probably check out the sunair coaches via the web if you need that security of knowing what you are doing when you get there

here's the link:

www.sunair.com.au

All the best ... Mick n Cheryl

Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:45 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

You could see if you can hire a trailer with the Tarrago for the cases, though I suspect taking the coach and then if necessary one or two taxis on arrival may be cheaper and more convenient