Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transferring UK pension to Ozz

Transferring UK pension to Ozz

Old Jul 16th 2003, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

tarset is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring UK pension to Ozz

For transferring my pension from a UK to an Australian super fund I have been quoted a charge of 4% of the value of my UK fund, which would equate to approximately $13,000. Does anyone know of a company employing a fee based structure, which I hope would be more economical.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Transferring UK pension to Ozz

Originally posted by tarset
For transferring my pension from a UK to an Australian super fund I have been quoted a charge of 4% of the value of my UK fund, which would equate to approximately $13,000. Does anyone know of a company employing a fee based structure, which I hope would be more economical.
I had 2 superannuation funds here and I decided to consolidate them. I would have prefered to transfer my Tower fund to BT but on checking costs BT would have slugged me 4% of the value transferred and Tower would have also charged an exit fee!!!. But transferring into Tower their was no charge and no exit fee from BT.
I now have one fund Tower.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you getting a financial adviser to transfer the pension? If so, why not do it yourself? It is pretty straightforward to contact your UK Pension fund arrange it, and you shouldn’t pay any addition fees, other than whatever exit penalties the UK Pension fund has, which you would have to pay anyway.

We are taking the opportunity to transfer all of our UK pension funds over here and consolidate them in a single Super fund. The upturn in the market more than make up for the strong Ozzy Dollar.