Reload this Page >

Transferring Money before arrival

Transferring Money before arrival

Old Dec 26th 2005, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Question Transferring Money before arrival

Hello folk,

Just a quick question, I need to transfer money to Oz before I get there, I can't take more than AU$ 10 k on through the airport and I'm gonna need lots for purchases as soon as I get there.

If I use my UK bank card to buy stuff like a couple of cars TV and all that sort of stuff I'll get a really crappy rate, like I did earlier this year.

Does anyone know of an account I can setup and transfer money out there ready to spend? (also a great rate would be nice)

Thanks for your help,

Mike
Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

nursegirl34 has a spectacular aura aboutnursegirl34 has a spectacular aura aboutnursegirl34 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Transferring Money before arrival

Hi
Yes if you use the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, they give a fab service, and will organise a bank account in Australia ready for your arrival also!
The transfer account is based in London and as soon as the funds are in they are transferred across for you.
It is very simple to set up

Follow this link:
http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/...oAustralia.asp

Good luck!!
Nursegirl

Just a quick question, I need to transfer money to Oz before I get there, I can't take more than AU$ 10 k on through the airport and I'm gonna need lots for purchases as soon as I get there.

If I use my UK bank card to buy stuff like a couple of cars TV and all that sort of stuff I'll get a really crappy rate, like I did earlier this year.

Does anyone know of an account I can setup and transfer money out there ready to spend? (also a great rate would be nice)

Thanks for your help,

Mike[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough

Excellent, cheers for that quick reply, I'll look at the site after this. Going to use Hi-FX I think they seem to have the edge on rates.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited by marson; Dec 26th 2005 at 7:14 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by marson
Excellent, cheers for that quick reply, I'll look at the site after this. Going to use Hi-FX I think they seem to have the edge on rates.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I used ANZ to open an account then trnasferred money using hifx, no problems with either company just had to go to the bankl when I got here with my passport to prove my identity.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I used Tranzfers.....definitely worth checking out. It takes about 3 days to move the money and they charge £7 or $AUD15 as a fee....very reasonable, and their rates are excellent too!!!

SS
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:28 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marson
Hello folk,

Thanks for your help,

Mike
Hello

You can take more than $10k into Aus - you just have to declare it.