Reload this Page >

transferring money from a Aus bank account to UK

transferring money from a Aus bank account to UK

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:31 am
Just Joined

James76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question transferring money from a Aus bank account to UK

Hi,

Can anyone tell me is it relatively easy to transfer money from a Aus bank account to a UK one? How much does it cost, particularly if I wanted to do it monthly?

Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:33 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: transferring money from a Aus bank account to UK

I've set up an account with Tranzfers, it's £7 per transaction but cheaper than the banks wanted to charge me, and you can do as many or as few transfers as you want.

I have an account with HSBC but they could only set up a monthly direct debit - bearing in mind I am self employed I have no idea what I might earn from one month to the next, so not much help to me but might be worth looking into if you'll be transferring a regular amount. Cant honestly remember what the charges were.....

If you're interested in the first option have a look at www.tranzfers.com dead easy to set up and use
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 10:42 am
Just Joined

James76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 4:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Tranzfers are excellent and much cheaper than the banks. I've been using them for 2 years now; £7 or $15 per transaction, takes about 4 days from your Oz account to your UK one, and their Customer Service is great if you need to ring them.