Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transferring Irish Company Pension to Australia

Transferring Irish Company Pension to Australia

Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough
Default Transferring Irish Company Pension to Australia

Can anyone offer any advice/experience of the rules/possibilities/procedures for transferring an Irish company pension to Australia?

I've seen alot of posts on here relating to UK pension transfers but haven't been able to find much on Irish pension transfers. I'm not even sure if the Irish tax system allows internation pension transfers?

Denese
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:48 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transferring Irish Company Pension to Australia

Originally Posted by donovandenese
Can anyone offer any advice/experience of the rules/possibilities/procedures for transferring an Irish company pension to Australia?

I've seen alot of posts on here relating to UK pension transfers but haven't been able to find much on Irish pension transfers. I'm not even sure if the Irish tax system allows internation pension transfers?

Denese
I transferred mine 2 years ago from Ireland with no problems.

You just contact your super fund in Aus and confirm with them that they can accept an overseas fund.
Once you have confirmed that, contact the Irish pension fund for the paperwork you need.
You receive that, send it to the aussie super fund, they complete as much as possible then send it back to you with further documentation attached. This then is sent back by you to the Irish fund for them to complete.

At this point it is the overseas funds responsibility to transfer the balance to your Aussie fund.

Basically you become the broker for the transaction and it just requires lots of over and back communications between you and the 2 parties to get the job done.