Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

transfering money..

transfering money..

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:19 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default transfering money..

i have just had a quote from a company that i have had glowing reports about,they are called currencies direct has anyone used them.they offered me a rate today of 2.475.,there is nothing to come out of that,no commission and no fees.i have just checked todays rate and it is 2.48.so that seems like a good deal to me...

what do you think?

thanks for your time..aston

Last edited by aston man; Mar 2nd 2007 at 2:31 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:24 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all
Default Re: transfering money..

Originally Posted by aston man
i have just had a quote from a company that i have had glowing reports about,they are called currencies direct has anyone used them.they offered me a rate today of 2.475.,there is nothing to come out of that,no commission and no fees.i have just checked todays rate and it is 2.48.so that seems like a good deal to me...

what do you think?

thanks for your time..aston
We had a quote today with ozforex $2.49 no commission and no handling fee. They can also hold a figure for you if you want more details pm me
Linx
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:50 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

The interbank rate has been between 2.4780 and 2.4975 today, most fx dealers offer somewhere between 1c and 1.5c off the interbank rate.

In the end it comes down to when to get the best rate, and who's offering it, and whether it actual makes any real difference on the amount that you are transferring.

http://www.moneycorp.com/chart/charts_pop.html
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We have used UKforex a few times and found their exchange rate very good and the money always comes through within a few days.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

parsonsjonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Another way is to transfer funds using PayPal. You will need a separate UK and Overseas PayPal account. The transfer is fee-free but PayPal charges a spread of 2.5% on the foreign exchange. The transfer is almost instantenous and you will be given the final exchange rate before you make the decision to transfer. You can then move the money from PayPal into your bank account.

Easy and at minimal cost, doesn't matter what amount you send, an example they give on their site is a transfer from UK to US of £30, costing you £1.40 to transfer.

Regards

Jonny