Reload this Page >

transfering money

transfering money

Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default transfering money

Hi all

We would like to know the routes people have taken for transfering money.
Can you open an australian bank account from the uk and transfer funds as and when you get them?

Or is it best to use Halewood or other similar companies?

Thanks

Karen and Andy
Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: transfering money

Originally posted by karen and andy
Hi all

We would like to know the routes people have taken for transfering money.
Can you open an australian bank account from the uk and transfer funds as and when you get them?

Or is it best to use Halewood or other similar companies?

Thanks

Karen and Andy

Hi
We have opened an account with HSBC in Perth, we bank with them here so it was very easy. We already have cheque books and atm cards. leaving on 27th may

hope this helps

yve
Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:34 pm
WBB

Originally posted by abergas
Hi
We have opened an account with HSBC in Perth, we bank with them here so it was very easy. We already have cheque books and atm cards. leaving on 27th may

hope this helps

yve
are there branches of the hsbc in brisbane?

Old Apr 24th 2003, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by abergas
Hi

hope this helps

yve
Hi Yve

Did you open the account online or did you go to your hsbc bank here and do it via them. I am just wondering which way is easiest, I have an account with hsbc also.

Jan :-)
Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

HSBC also allow you a certain amount of free banking, unlike the rest of the banks in Oz. You are allowed up to 5 withdrawals from other banks ATM's free a month. There are other benfits like interest on your account.

Look up HSBC online it gives you all the details. There was a thread a few months ago on banks and lots of people recommended HSBC.

You can set up the account over here, I think you can even initialise it online.

We will be using them when we finally leave for Oz. I think it is madness to pay for transaction charges. Commonwealth Bank seem to especially rip people off.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies, they are of great help.

cheers

karen and andy
Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by karen and andy
Thanks for all the replies, they are of great help.

cheers

karen and andy

HSBC online, don't know the reason but didn't seem to get back to us. We found it easier to talk to our local branch. Although we did find they weren't sure of procedures. got there in the end though.
Today i am taking my friend into my bank to sign her up to be a third party mandate, so we can keep our account open here for her to send money over to us, plus pay last bills etc. Also we are doing a fax indemnity for us to allow them to manage our account by fax.

now house sale is going through, we leave on 27th may and will not be coming back, already had a return flight booked but hopefully won't be using it.

As for an HSBC in Brisbane, there must be, as they advertise all over the world.

hope this helps

yve

31 days to go

Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, have a look at www.hsbc.com.au and they have a branch list.
There is only 1 branch in brisbane though.

Originally posted by welshboybilly
are there branches of the hsbc in brisbane?