Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transfer Australian Super back to UK?

Transfer Australian Super back to UK?

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:05 am
Just Joined

mattyson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfer Australian Super back to UK?

Hi all,

Sorry to post such a dull message, but I wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to cash in an Australina Super policy now that I have moved back to the UK permanently?

We had a fantastic four years living in Sydney but are now back in Blighty with our young'uns.

Say hi to that hot, yellow thing in the sky for me.

M
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:37 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer Australian Super back to UK?

Originally Posted by mattyson
I wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to cash in an Australina Super policy now that I have moved back to the UK permanently?
Did you live in Oz on a temporary visa (e.g. 457) or a permanent one? If you had a permanent visa you can't cash in your Super.

Gina
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Oh that's a shame. I was a resident. Thanks for your reply though!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattyson
Hi all,

Sorry to post such a dull message, but I wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to cash in an Australina Super policy now that I have moved back to the UK permanently?

We had a fantastic four years living in Sydney but are now back in Blighty with our young'uns.

Say hi to that hot, yellow thing in the sky for me.

M
A few years ago when I left Australia to live in the UK (I am and was at the time an Australian citizen), I was able to cash in my AMP super fund. I just had to prove that I had left the Country and was living inthe UK, by way of stat decs, Affidavits, etc, etc. That was a few years ago though, so the rules may have changed.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks Sassie.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sassie
A few years ago when I left Australia to live in the UK (I am and was at the time an Australian citizen), I was able to cash in my AMP super fund. I just had to prove that I had left the Country and was living inthe UK, by way of stat decs, Affidavits, etc, etc. That was a few years ago though, so the rules may have changed.
We did the same back in 1992. They have since changed the rules however and the only way you can cash in your super under the current rules is if you were in Oz on a temp visa.

HTH