Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

tranferring UK funds

tranferring UK funds

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice
Default tranferring UK funds

We are looking to transfer UK funds shortly as we have bought a block of land and are wondering if anyone can suggest the best method?

Grateful of any help

Not a great time to exhange UK into dollors if it!

Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:43 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tranferring UK funds

Originally Posted by playbunny75
We are looking to transfer UK funds shortly as we have bought a block of land and are wondering if anyone can suggest the best method?

Grateful of any help

Not a great time to exhange UK into dollors if it!

Thanks
Can't help personnaly but there's been a lot posted lately about Travelex (I think) and other brokers. Try doing a search and see what comes up.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 10:01 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

www.hifx.com is good for large amounts , registration is a pain and its all done on phone. You have to register here in Aus.

www.tranzfers.com is very good I use them e alot if you do use them would you be really kind and use my referral id to register then I get brownie points
http://www.tranzfers.com/refer.asp?r=ijcollins
I like tranzfers because its all online, they're tremendously quick, and you can track the transfer. Plus you can buy multiple trades and then decide twhen to execute the trade and know precisely what rate you get and when it moves. So you can for example buy 5 x 1000 pounds trades, set it all up put the money into their bank once, and then when you need the money in Aus you log on hit trade and you get the cash 24hrs later -its good if you think the market is going to move one way or other andw ant to wait a bit but dont want the hassle of losing out ormoving money around all the time.

natwest bank if you have ana ccount from UK offer tremendous rates and no additional fee - their rates are the interbank rates whihc are close to dealer rates and no extra fees mean they are best really but you have to have an account already ;-(

Most UK banks charge 2.75% if you use a visa card to pay or withdraw here in Aus

You can of course ask the bank you bank with in the UK but the rate will undoubtedly be pants

Do NOT trust the rates they show online esp if you are doing a big exchange, only Tranzfers past the logon screen will show accurate rates the rest use avgs and you have to ring them etc. They will barter a little bit if youve got a big trade to do.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:01 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

I've used HIFX and Moneycorp. Money corp give a slightly better rate rate but you can play off against the other to get a better rate. The rate they charge are about $0.01 under the price on screen, depending on amount being changed.
You can also forward buy ie tell them you need £50,000.00 at a rate off say $2.40, in two months, they will buy when it hits $2.40,you pay 10%, they hold that for 2 months and then you can extend that or pay the balance and transfer the funds to you account.
Hope it all makes sense!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

hi everyone

Thanks for the advice I am going to check some of those out now!