Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tranfer Money problems???

Tranfer Money problems???

Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:11 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tranfer Money problems???

Has anyone recently used ozforex.com to do a transfer and taking a lot longer than they should? as far as they told me 3 days to transfer to their bank in UK and 24 Hours to Aus Bank, BUT! as of a week ago doing the transfer they still cant see the payment into their UK bank even though my UK bank has told me as of yesterday morning they have physically taken the funds. the best i am getting right now is, pppppwwwwwwwww we cant see it so we cant give it to you! :curse: so for the second time i have to contact the car dealer where i bought a car and tell them i still aint got the $ to pay for it. Well after today i have lost the car and it goes back up for sale! moree running around to try and find another car:curse:

Rant Over
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tranfer Money problems???

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Has anyone recently used ozforex.com to do a transfer and taking a lot longer than they should? as far as they told me 3 days to transfer to their bank in UK and 24 Hours to Aus Bank, BUT! as of a week ago doing the transfer they still cant see the payment into their UK bank even though my UK bank has told me as of yesterday morning they have physically taken the funds. the best i am getting right now is, pppppwwwwwwwww we cant see it so we cant give it to you! :curse: so for the second time i have to contact the car dealer where i bought a car and tell them i still aint got the $ to pay for it. Well after today i have lost the car and it goes back up for sale! moree running around to try and find another car:curse:

Rant Over
The banking system between Scottish and English Banks is piss poor. I have this problem where it has never been below 5 working days for payment to clear thru to the Ozforex nominated bank in London. Thereafter it should be 24 hours to OZ.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muzza04
The banking system between Scottish and English Banks is piss poor. I have this problem where it has never been below 5 working days for payment to clear thru to the Ozforex nominated bank in London. Thereafter it should be 24 hours to OZ.
Contact Ozforex by phone as they are very helpful and if it is a problem with their service I'm sure they'll do their best to sort it.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:56 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Contact Ozforex by phone as they are very helpful and if it is a problem with their service I'm sure they'll do their best to sort it.

yes deffo contact them, never had any probs with them

what was the date they gave you for the transfer, i can remember what they call it, but its the date that they do the deal and funds needs to be in their acc by, as they give you a few days to get the monies into their account...... maybe this is the holdup, couldnt you have put a deposit on th car to hold it?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:48 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, yes i did put a deposit on the car but was told that they will have the car sit on the lot for sale and refund my deposit back to card if payment wasnt made in full today! Anyway Ozforex came good and contacted the UK bank to verify it was infact in and sent the funds today on thatt basis. So all in all, they came good albeit a bit late. Off to pickup the car now

Originally Posted by mandtooz
yes deffo contact them, never had any probs with them

what was the date they gave you for the transfer, i can remember what they call it, but its the date that they do the deal and funds needs to be in their acc by, as they give you a few days to get the monies into their account...... maybe this is the holdup, couldnt you have put a deposit on th car to hold it?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:30 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, yes i did put a deposit on the car but was told that they will have the car sit on the lot for sale and refund my deposit back to card if payment wasnt made in full today! Anyway Ozforex came good and contacted the UK bank to verify it was infact in and sent the funds today on thatt basis. So all in all, they came good albeit a bit late. Off to pickup the car now
Blimey a lot can happen in 2hrs eh!
They did well to get that sorted out for you between 3 and 5am in the UK.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

I used them last Friday and the money was in my NAB account the next day. I have had huge problems with UK banks though - Barclays primarily - in trying to move money to 3rd party accounts from Australia. I would ask your UK bank when they moved the money, the method of movement (should be chaps), confirm the exact sort code, account number and recipient name. Good luck.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it got sorted for you
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:30 pm
UK is Home

well, just got my nice new car and found the big kid in me, its great to feel 18 again i`m sure when the missus and the kids come over will hit the ground with a thud and back to a ripe old age of ?? anyway guys thanks for all the replies.

PS Fully Comp insurance for $850 now that was a surprise. if anyone interested in insurance quote phone this number 1800 746759 and ask for Matt he`s a really nice guy, just tell him john from Coogee reccommended him, he will know who i am.

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Jul 17th 2007 at 9:34 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Alls well that ends well. Enjoy the ride.

WATP

well, just got my nice new car and found the big kid in me, its great to feel 18 again i`m sure when the missus and the kids come over will hit the ground with a thud and back to a ripe old age of ?? anyway guys thanks for all the replies.

PS Fully Comp insurance for $850 now that was a surprise. if anyone interested in insurance quote phone this number 1800 746759 and ask for Matt he`s a really nice guy, just tell him john from Coogee reccommended him, he will know who i am.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sunny, On the same vein, bought a commodore wagon for $18000 and the girl says would you like insurance, fully comp and pay just now. Hold the bus says I. I would normally pay in instalments but how much is the damage. $420 says she. I nearly fell aff ma chair. Okaydokay says I nearly biting her hand off. Fandoobulous.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

i went into my local barclays to see if it would be possible to pay for a large chaps payment when out of the country (to finance an fx deal) but they said that i had to be in the branch - how do you pay the ozforex/hifx/whatever fx co if you arent in the country?!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:14 am
UK is Home

we have just concluded on the house and will find that one out shortly, maybe have t post back with the same Q

Originally Posted by chmaiden
i went into my local barclays to see if it would be possible to pay for a large chaps payment when out of the country (to finance an fx deal) but they said that i had to be in the branch - how do you pay the ozforex/hifx/whatever fx co if you arent in the country?!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chmaiden
You need to write to Barclays Bank Plc, Leicester, LE87 2BB and advise them that you want to make a CHAPS payment, the amount, the sort code and account to debit and to credit, the date and the account where the £20 charge needs to be applied. You need to give them 3 days from the day they receive. Also state that you are out of the country. I spoke to Barclays Head Office on Tuesday to confirm this as I'm about to move some funds. Good luck !
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:44 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Gezzzz if your with the Halifax, just gice them a call, supply them with all the info, ie: account who taking money, how much etc etc and they will let the payment go through (providing you can prove who you are), didn't need to write to no one thank god!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.