Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trampoline - Take or Not?

Trampoline - Take or Not?

Old Mar 7th 2007, 12:42 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of
Default Trampoline - Take or Not?

Hi all,

Have just dismantled the trampoline today (had to wait a week for a break in the good ol' British weather!) & wondered if anyone had taken theirs with them to Aus. I have noticed that there is a lot of fluffy spiders? egg nests in nearly every one of the 60 odd springs so it is gonna take a lot of hard work to clean to 'Customs' standards!

What about you lot, did you take yours or sell them before you went?

Chris
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all
Default Re: Trampoline - Take or Not?

we were wondering this too.
one factor to take into consideration is the space it will take up in a container and if you didn't take it how much would you save (ours is a 14 footer)....enough for a new one?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Taking ours Blasted it all off with the pressure washer and packed the springs in a box all clean.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:00 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
Taking ours Blasted it all off with the pressure washer and packed the springs in a box all clean.
Hi phoenix_uk,

did you use any disinfectant at all, I was thinking of soaking springs in 'Milton' & then cleaning the insides out with one of those wiry bottle brushes!

Chris
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

No I havent - ours was new last summer so apart from the odd cobweb there wasn't much on it.
The 12ft pool i'm taking has been washed too and packed back into a box - I have removed the filter in the pub though as that didn't come too clean and i've bought another still boxed to replace with.
I'm also taking horse tack which needs to be cleaned, done, to my standards and 3 motorcycles which have had to be steam cleaned.
You'll have to wait till end of April though to see how I get on at customs

But seeing as i've heard of lawnmowers going through with no more than a cursory glance I think it's more the luck of the draw.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:47 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi all,

Have just dismantled the trampoline today (had to wait a week for a break in the good ol' British weather!) & wondered if anyone had taken theirs with them to Aus. I have noticed that there is a lot of fluffy spiders? egg nests in nearly every one of the 60 odd springs so it is gonna take a lot of hard work to clean to 'Customs' standards!

What about you lot, did you take yours or sell them before you went?

Chris
FFS, are you for real? Why on earth would you take a trampoline to OZ???

We are taking a few prized photos!

Just read the rest of this thread, and quite frankly I am horrified that MORE than 1 person has a tramploine in their garden......!

What? Are they some kind of De Rigeur fashion Accessory in the average UK garden these days?

Our neighbours bought one for their kids xmas before last....15 months ago. They have had approximately 2 hours use out of it since then - looks llike it cost a few quid as well.

Just don't get it.............

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Mar 7th 2007 at 5:51 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:00 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Just read the rest of this thread, and quite frankly I am horrified that MORE than 1 person has a tramploine in their garden......!

What? Are they some kind of De Rigeur fashion Accessory in the average UK garden these days?

Our neighbours bought one for their kids xmas before last....15 months ago. They have had approximately 2 hours use out of it since then - looks llike it cost a few quid as well.

Sounds like you got 'Trampolina Phobia', I think you can get treatment for that

Seriously though, I'm thinking of taking it so I can fit in better with the roos!

Chris
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Our two use thiers nearly every day! in fact they're out the back now bouncing on it and its already dark!

As to whether to take it, we also have to look at what they cost in Aus....Just as soon as I get a "round toowit" !
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:06 pm
Cambridgeshire family

wereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud of

A Trampoline!!!!! aint you got anything bigger you can take. No seriousy, use your space wisely when taking your belongings. As far as we are concerned, new life, new stuff, just the pics and the dog.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:24 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by wereoutahere
A Trampoline!!!!! aint you got anything bigger you can take. No seriousy, use your space wisely when taking your belongings. As far as we are concerned, new life, new stuff, just the pics and the dog.
As I said "have just dismantled the Trampoline". Doesn't take up much space when taken apart! Kids use it all the time & will miss it greatly. If I had my way I would probably dump/sell everything but it's hard enough for the kids without making it harder.

Don't forget must of us are "doing it for the kids"..... I feel a song coming on!

Chris
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:29 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Our trampoline is one of the best things we've ever bought for our kids - they and their friends have had hours of fun - going to see how much they cost in Oz and if lots take ours - don't think it will take up much room with legs removed. Can't see why anyone would have an issue with them - great exercise for kids something to tear them away from the ps2 occasionally.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:50 pm
Just wanna be there

paul and Lynz will become famous soon enoughpaul and Lynz will become famous soon enough

We'll be taking ours more than likely when the time comes
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:03 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi phoenix_uk,

did you use any disinfectant at all, I was thinking of soaking springs in 'Milton' & then cleaning the insides out with one of those wiry bottle brushes!

Chris
That's almost exactly what we've done with ours. Dismantled it, filled a big container with piping hot water and jeyes fluid then washed the springs with a baby bottle brush. Doubled checked the actual mat was clean and sprayed all the legs etc with jeyes too. Took about an hour.

Easy
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:12 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Thanks for all replies guys

Originally Posted by herrchook
That's almost exactly what we've done with ours. Dismantled it, filled a big container with piping hot water and jeyes fluid then washed the springs with a baby bottle brush. Doubled checked the actual mat was clean and sprayed all the legs etc with jeyes too. Took about an hour.

Easy
That's good, I keep hearing about this 'Jeyes Fluid', I will have to see where I can get some, looks like it's used a fair bit by the good ppl on here. Will have to buy some shares in it

Chris
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:42 pm
Cambridgeshire family

wereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud ofwereoutahere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Our trampoline is one of the best things we've ever bought for our kids - they and their friends have had hours of fun - going to see how much they cost in Oz and if lots take ours - don't think it will take up much room with legs removed. Can't see why anyone would have an issue with them - great exercise for kids something to tear them away from the ps2 occasionally.
Hey whos in charge here! We unplug our playstation and it goes off, hence kids cant play it. Safer and cheaper than a trampoline.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.