Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trains are so cheap!

Trains are so cheap!

Old Dec 14th 2013, 12:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trains are so cheap!

Can you two take your love in to PM please.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Can you two take your love in to PM please.
we did....'appy Christmas!
Old Dec 14th 2013, 1:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
we did....'appy Christmas!
Happy chrimbo to you too. Feel proud, that's the first time I've said/written those words this year. Depending on my mood, it could be the last as well. Anyway back to trains.....
Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And yet another thread gets butchered to within an inch of it's life.

WTF is wrong with you lot? Do you spend your real lives nit-picking and quarrelling or do you just save it up to bore us with on here?

Please read this sticky post if you have not already done so.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817507
Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And yet another thread gets butchered to within an inch of it's life.

WTF is wrong with you lot? Do you spend your real lives nit-picking and quarrelling or do you just save it up to bore us with on here?

Please read this sticky post if you have not already done so.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817507
I wonder!
BE serves us with people who cannot take or see a point other than their own! I am more than happy to critique aspects of life in both countries....without making it toooooooo personal...

And I'm not talking about G!
Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not flaming cheap going from my nearest station to Brissie Airport.
Too right…better to have full price Sunday with empty trains than run a cap price for all zone travel like they have in Melbourne. Cheap enough to get the family into the city and back by ferry.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
Showing your ignorance again...leaves on the line is actually a serious safety issue in heavily forested countries including most of Europe and Ameica.

In Australia the same issues have been caused by caterpillars and other insects
…I think it was light hearted comment. No need to jump on him.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I wonder!
BE serves us with people who cannot take or see a point other than their own! I am more than happy to critique aspects of life in both countries....without making it toooooooo personal...

<<edited>>
That's my point Badge, too many people have been making things too personal......and its causing a nasty undercurrent to the place. Please help us to stop that!!
====================

Happy to discuss leaves in the line anyday, I've actually heard that excuse in both countries, UK and Australia.
I've also been delayed by cows on the line near Bath, and had a plane delayed at Hobart due to a wallaby on the runway........
Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

That's my point Badge, too many people have been making things too personal......and its causing a nasty undercurrent to the place. Please help us to stop that!!
====================

Happy to discuss leaves in the line anyday, I've actually heard that excuse in both countries, UK and Australia.
I've also been delayed by cows on the line near Bath, and had a plane delayed at Hobart due to a wallaby on the runway........
Even a plane on a railway line in Africa. It takes all sorts.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It takes all sorts.... of patience , tolerance and understanding.

I once sat on a train in Eire trying to get to see my uncle before he passed away.
That train then reversed up because of cows ( & their slurry) on the track & I was too late.

Bugger all I could do . I was glad for the thought to safety, my persona safety, and incredibly sad to miss the quality time.

A big leveller on what is and is not important in life .
Old Dec 14th 2013, 5:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
leaves on the line 101 : the leaves get squished and end up forming an insulating and slippery barrier between tha rail and wheel. This results in a loss of traction and potentially in the signaller 'losing' a train. the second bit is really bad. I'm not talking about the wrong type of snow though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ain-crash.html

right here in Perth
Those millipedes are gross. In early spring they're everywhere.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 5:48 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Polly for removing the disgusting personal comments, unfortunately they just seem to be getting more and more common by the same few. I dont see it changing.

====================

Old Dec 15th 2013, 5:57 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by chris955
Thanks Polly for removing the disgusting personal comments, unfortunately they just seem to be getting more and more common by the same few. I dont see it changing.
You just can't let it drop can you. If people dropped the subject and got back to debating the real subject of the thread we might start winning. While you all insist on raking up the squabbles again and again there will only be one result - more closed threads.