Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trains - Perth are they really as bad as this??

Trains - Perth are they really as bad as this??

Old Jul 27th 2016, 12:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trains - Perth are they really as bad as this??

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Plenty of those about as well. (dickheads) Not always male either. While every, usually, train has security guards after seven o'clock they are not necessary in the carriage where needed. CCTV little use if being attacked. Footage appears often grainy, but this may have improved over recent few years.

More often it is low level threats or abuse or nuisance type eventualities.
I have indeed witnessed people being restrained and dragged off trains.
I have come to the aid of a teenage girl punched in the mouth by another girl and had two instances of people wanting to fight with me. Not a security guard in sight at any of those incidents, one being at 7. 30 in the morning. I suppose not too bad considering the time frame. But don't recall ever being in such a situation in other cities like London and Paris for example for it to be any kind of international norm at least in my experience.
I see what you're trying to do here in your twisted hater/JAWG way Herman. You're trying to make out that Perth is more dangerous and violent than major cities like London and Paris

Total bollocks of course and haters gotta hate but as long as you can justify it in your own mind, that's all that matters hey Herman
Old Jul 27th 2016, 12:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I didn't know it was a competition
You'd be surprised how some on here think SoS!
Old Jul 27th 2016, 7:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You'd be surprised how some on here think SoS!
I never was any good at games. On sports day I was the one smoking behind the shed
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Absolutely but hopefully females would exercise that caution anywhere. My daughter and her friend were up in Brisbane last week visiting a friend in hospital. They could have got a late train home from a not great area and some hanging around on platforms or I could drive up and get them. I drove up. No brainer for me.
My two teenagers take the bus/train everywhere here. Never had any problems.If the eldest does go out late at night I collect her. I would do that in any city. I would rather have a giggling 19 year old in the car than having her stand on a platform waiting.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Every train in Perth after 7pm has 2 transit guards, and rapid response transit police drive along train routes day and night.

All train stations and trains have CCTV, which is monitored live 24 hours a day. If anyone feels threatened, there are emergency buttons in every carriage.

Nothing will stop the odd dickhead, but I don't think there's any need to panic (or even be overtly worried!).

AFAIK it's the same in most of the world cities. My 18yo son wont use the trains at night time here in Melbourne. It's young males that are the predominate target and cause in these things. Luckily in Melbourne we an alternative with the trams.... and although they also have their moments, It's nowhere near the extent that trains do.

Although the trains are much safer now with the security officers and traveling guards on board.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm living in the UK now, but up to 8 months ago I used the train fairly regularly for meetings in the city. I can only recall one 'bad' experience, when a young woman sitting opposite yelled at me 'what are you looking at?'. I just replied 'not you, that's for sure' and she shut up
I must remember that one.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 8:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I must remember that one.
If it turns out badly I'll bring you some grapes in hospital
Old Jul 29th 2016, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I see what you're trying to do here in your twisted hater/JAWG way Herman. You're trying to make out that Perth is more dangerous and violent than major cities like London and Paris

Total bollocks of course and haters gotta hate but as long as you can justify it in your own mind, that's all that matters hey Herman

Being able to see anything is far removed from your forte as usual. I guess the guide dog is asleep, as you appear to have even cloudier vision than usual.

Yes being out and about does prove issues in Perth for reasons given. I certainly felt easier on the streets of Paris and London for your info.

Trust farm life hasn't dimmed your senses to too much of a degree or scared you from venturing into our bright lights?

Don't fret. Your morning rush hour commute should still be stress free. Just get back before dark.