Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

training midwife...

training midwife...

Old Mar 18th 2014, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Wilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud of
Smile training midwife...

hello to all on BE,

I am currently training to be a Midwife in London, England and know that i don't want my family to grow here. I'm currently looking at all our options.. as there are a couple my OH is a serving officer and am keeping an eye on SAPOL recruiting oversea's again.

Just wanted to say hi any advice welcome

thanks
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: training midwife...

Hi

Just wanted to say try and finish your midwifery training in UK and gain some experience before coming over. It's very expensive to get your midwifery over here, and I don't know how much, if any, of the units you've already done will transfer.

Good luck x
Old Mar 19th 2014, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Wilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud ofWilsons22 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the advice - I do intend on finishing university here in the UK just am giving myself time to ensure I have all the facts and know all I need to first. X
Old Mar 19th 2014, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend trying for a Permanent Visa over a Temporary one for obvious reasons, especially if you have a family.

You will need to get your skills assessed by ANMAC, sit IELTS (required by ANMAC and possibly needed for extra points) prior to submitting an Expression of Interest. Have a read through Skill Select on the immi.gov.au website for the different types of visa's you may be eligible for x
Old Mar 19th 2014, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

thank you for your reply - so much to look into but have given myself plenty of time X
Old Mar 19th 2014, 6:41 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilsons22
hello to all on BE,

I am currently training to be a Midwife in London, England and know that i don't want my family to grow here. I'm currently looking at all our options.. as there are a couple my OH is a serving officer and am keeping an eye on SAPOL recruiting oversea's again.

thanks
Hi, I know a couple of a British midwives that got jobs here very easily. One only had a years post grad experience.

Good luck
Old Mar 19th 2014, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Very reassuring. I'm looking to do my grad year here (at the moment)
Old Mar 24th 2014, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

zonecrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wilsons22
hello to all on BE,

thanks
Hi

Both me and my wife are in the same position as you. I am a serving PC and my wife is a 2nd year Midwifery Student.

We are hoping to move to Brisbane/Gold Coast in a couple of years.

From what i have found out so far.....first thing is pass the IELTS Academic Test, then get APHRA accredited, then ANMAC and finally its going for a Visa?? Is this right?

My wife wants to get a years experience in the UK, I believe this is the best way to do it. I have a question, not sure if you know but can we start the process of getting accreditation etc as soon as she passes her degree, i'm thinking by the time we are getting to the visa stage she will have completed her 12 months experience?
Old Mar 26th 2014, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by zonecrew
Hi

Both me and my wife are in the same position as you. I am a serving PC and my wife is a 2nd year Midwifery Student.

We are hoping to move to Brisbane/Gold Coast in a couple of years.

From what i have found out so far.....first thing is pass the IELTS Academic Test, then get APHRA accredited, then ANMAC and finally its going for a Visa?? Is this right?

My wife wants to get a years experience in the UK, I believe this is the best way to do it. I have a question, not sure if you know but can we start the process of getting accreditation etc as soon as she passes her degree, i'm thinking by the time we are getting to the visa stage she will have completed her 12 months experience?
hi,
I'm at the beginning of my information gathering stage so cant answer your question i afraid (sorry)
Where are you based for work / uni in the UK?
we are both in london!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

zonecrew is an unknown quantity at this point

we live up north in Cumbria. Wife is studying at the University of Cumbria