Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Training to be an electrician

Training to be an electrician

Old Aug 16th 2005, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Simoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to all
Smile Training to be an electrician

Can anyone help me?

My husband is interested in training to become an electrician when we arrive in Perth, has anyone done an apprenticeship and if so can you tell me how long it took and what it entailed to become fully qualified.

My husband would preferably like something where he can train on the job and is worried that if he applies as an apprentice that they would be looking for a school leaver and not someone around 30 years of age
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:30 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Training to be an electrician

I'll be interested in replies to this also, Malc has done his exams here in the UK but will probably have to study over there as he has little hands on experience....
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of
Default Re: Training to be an electrician

Originally Posted by bridiej
I'll be interested in replies to this also, Malc has done his exams here in the UK but will probably have to study over there as he has little hands on experience....
I'm also interested in any replies, Wayne wants to retrain as bricky, but now in his 30's!