Reload this Page >

Train Driving As a Career In Melbourne

Train Driving As a Career In Melbourne

Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

FlossieAwol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Train Driving As a Career In Melbourne

Hi All, I'm a 24 year old single male in the U.K

and I'm fully trained and qualified passenger train driver in the u.k with two years experience (and rising) and I'm currently undertaking a degree in Rail operations and management,

I spent some time in Oz backpacking a couple of years ago and fell in love with the place.

I have been toying with the idea of migrating to Oz for good but to my horror my 'professional' career isn't listed as a skilled trade on the DIMA's website........ surely this cannot be true??

I have heard through contacts in the rail industry that some people from the u.k have emigrated to drive trains

any help at all would be great......... Please help me fulfill my dream

Thank You

Jan
Old Dec 30th 2004, 9:07 pm
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Train Driving As a Career In Melbourne

Jan,
Connex and M trains run the train services here after the UK company pulled out last year .You might want to do a search on these two employers
Regards,

MelbourneHelp

Originally Posted by FlossieAwol
Hi All, I'm a 24 year old single male in the U.K

and I'm fully trained and qualified passenger train driver in the u.k with two years experience (and rising) and I'm currently undertaking a degree in Rail operations and management,

I spent some time in Oz backpacking a couple of years ago and fell in love with the place.

I have been toying with the idea of migrating to Oz for good but to my horror my 'professional' career isn't listed as a skilled trade on the DIMA's website........ surely this cannot be true??

I have heard through contacts in the rail industry that some people from the u.k have emigrated to drive trains

any help at all would be great......... Please help me fulfill my dream

Thank You

Jan