Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tragic and very unusual murder case of toddler

Tragic and very unusual murder case of toddler

Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tragic and very unusual murder case of toddler

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I'm absolutely convinced that one or more members of the family are responsible.
I think that too.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Considering the number of children murdered by their parents in India every year, this child's death probably wouldn't even make headlines if it happened in the streets of Mumbai.

It's only shocking because it has occurred in a civilised western nation.
What a crass and thoughtless comment

It would have shocked anyone, yes, even in India and not just in "a civilised western nation" as you put it.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Praks is an unknown quantity at this point

It definitely made headline news in India

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...ow/5645302.cms

http://www.ndtv.com/news/world/membe...n-oz-17219.php

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/nation...icle148722.ece

http://news.oneindia.in/2010/03/04/t...melbourne.html

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Bo...ian-boy/586820

What a pathetic comment by Vash

Last edited by Praks; Mar 5th 2010 at 4:54 am.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:34 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

In defence of Vash, the sad reality is that he is correct. Nobody knows how many children even go missing/run away from home each year in India, let alone how many end up falling prey to all manner of inhuman people.

The only way that this story would have made the headlines in India, would have been if the child that had been murdered had been from a "respectable" family.

As people become more educated in India, they are gradually waking up to the great injustices that are considered 'customs' across all levels of society. There is an interesting article in today's Economist that focuses on how baby boys are preferred to baby girls in many Asian countries... and it talks about the problems that this has caused in each society. The most interesting thing I noticed in that article, was how quickly the status quo changed in South Korea. People can effect change and bring down these old systems, if they really want to.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:49 am
ABCDiamond

You have proven his point..
Where are all the headlines of Indian kids found dead in India ?

Google only finds the Melbourne one in Indian newspapers

Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Sadly this looks like NOT a racial murder,but media and escp Indian Media are beating it up,don't worry an innocent 3 year old child has been killed.
Wonder why Indians get a bad name when they use this as political point scoring.
Read between the lines.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

News footage tonight (supposedly) of the mother showed an apparently not terribly upset woman.

I would have expected her to have been beside herself with grief.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boots
Sadly this looks like NOT a racial murder,but media and escp Indian Media are beating it up,don't worry an innocent 3 year old child has been killed.
Wonder why Indians get a bad name when they use this as political point scoring.
Read between the lines.
Or put another way.... if it does turn out to be a racial crime, it will rank as one of the sickest crimes in Australian History..... So I doubt it.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
I

The only way that this story would have made the headlines in India, would have been if the child that had been murdered had been from a "respectable" family.
Sorry, but have you ever lived in India? I've been brought up in India. I have seen numerous reports, programs on TV on children/people murdered. And no, the affected were NOT from rich/middle class families. They were street children/children of really poor people.

Female infanticide is illegal in India, even testing a child's sex is illegal.

I can't believe that a toddler has just been murdered and people are more concerned about whether or not other murders make headlines. Yes, they do. Obviously not each and every one. But the local dailies would report them if not the national dailies.

Last edited by IndieG; Mar 5th 2010 at 7:27 am.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

ozzie,
Please observe and think why there is Indian Embassy staff involved,it isn't a racial crime.

Use some consideration before jumping to conclusions.
At this stage the deceased's parents are being interviewed at Homicide,read into that.
Infantcide is a common practise in India-not here.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

ozzie,
Please observe and think why there is Indian Embassy staff involved,it isn't a racial crime.

Use some consideration before jumping to conclusions.
At this stage the deceased's parents are being interviewed at Homicide,read into that.
Infantcide is a common practise in India-not here.
Did you not see the word "IF" followed by the sentence "I doubt it"

Hmmm a thread on perception coming methinks !

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 5th 2010 at 7:31 am.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Or put another way.... if it does turn out to be a racial crime, it will rank as one of the sickest crimes in Australian History..... So I doubt it.
You're right. Which is why I'm hoping (and also believe) it isn't racially motivated. Have a feeling someone living in the same house (apparently shared by other tenants as well) or must have just been kidnapped by some sick individual whilst he was out wandering by himself. Like the two other children who were recently murdered.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

My apologies ozzie.
Yes you are correct.
But Indie,please advise of the other two children recently murdered.
Your implication of racial murders in Melbourne against Indians perhaps,see that is why it is getting harder to stomach baseless lies by Indian press and Indian representitives of "Racial"crimes against Indians by Australians.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

But Indie,please advise of the other two children recently murdered.
Your implication of racial murders in Melbourne against Indians perhaps ........
The other child I referred to who was recently murdered was 7 year old Trinity Bates. Some sick person murdered her and he was apparently known to the family. I forget the other one....

You seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions. Did I ever say or imply that the other murders were racially motivated or even that the children were Indian?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
News footage tonight (supposedly) of the mother showed an apparently not terribly upset woman.

I would have expected her to have been beside herself with grief.
Perhaps she was in shock. Perhaps her inner strength and religious beliefs held her together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.