British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Tragic and very unusual murder case of toddler (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/tragic-very-unusual-murder-case-toddler-657825/)

ozzieeagle Mar 4th 2010 8:04 pm

Tragic and very unusual murder case of toddler

Overnight in Melboune the tragic case of a missing Indian 3yo came to a terrible end, when his body was found in scrubland close to the airport.

Lots of conotations in this one, especially as the child is Indian, which as most Melburnians if not Australia know is a subject in focus at present.

Could be a very big case this one and test the mettle of the Victorian police.

Although it could also be solved very quickly, as the story is as incredible as the Azaria Chamberlain case.

Hopefully they will sort it quickly.... if this drags on we are in for one hell of a complex case.

Focusing on how a toddler can wander off straight into the arms of someone willing to kill him. That generally only happens with abductions. So hopefully it will be a quickly sorted case.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/three-year-old-boy-goes-missing-in-lalor/story-e6frf7jo-1225837012730

Kapri Mar 4th 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Tragic and very unusual murder case of toddler

What a tragic story :(
Poor little man - he was gorgeous. I feel for his mother, she must be in agony :(

What is the story with Indians in Melbourne OE?

ozzieeagle Mar 4th 2010 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kapri (Post 8394287)
What a tragic story :(
Poor little man - he was gorgeous. I feel for his mother, she must be in agony :(

What is the story with Indians in Melbourne OE?

Been lots of attacks on Indians which are regarded as a serious racial problem. Which in itself is a fairly unusual situation. It does seem they have been targetted.

This really could well be a massive case, and test relations between India and Australia.

jad n rich Mar 4th 2010 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 8394319)
Been lots of attacks on Indians which are regarded as a serious racial problem. Which in itself is a fairly unusual situation. It does seem they have been targetted.

This really could well be a massive case, and test relations between India and Australia.

I wonder if it is because he is indian:confused:, maybe it was yet another child murder. The news seems to be full of child murder/death/abuse/stabbings here recently:(

You would hope that no matter how racist people are, they wouldnt target a 3 year old. It defies comprehension but the police dont seem to have ruled it out .

Very sad either way.

Vash the Stampede Mar 4th 2010 8:29 pm

From what I've seen so far, the most serious attacks on Indians have been committed by other Indians. That is certainly true of the murders.

Nobody's going to kill a toddler on the basis of his race and I trust that the Indian community won't be so stupid as to suggest this.

ozzieeagle Mar 4th 2010 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 8394345)
I wonder if it is because he is indian:confused:, maybe it was yet another child murder. The news seems to be full of child murder/death/abuse/stabbings here recently:(

You would hope that no matter how racist people are, they wouldnt target a 3 year old. It defies comprehension but the police dont seem to have ruled it out .

Very sad either way.

It defies comprehension that a kid could walk out and actually find one in a quite street in Lalor. Thats almost like a double lightening strike.

Whereas there have been plenty of similar cases where the perpetrator was close to home.

Like I said the Vic Police are really going to have to tread carefully with this one.

Vash the Stampede Mar 4th 2010 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 8394362)
Like I said the Vic Police are really going to have to tread carefully with this one.

Considering the number of children murdered by their parents in India every year, this child's death probably wouldn't even make headlines if it happened in the streets of Mumbai.

It's only shocking because it has occurred in a civilised western nation.

ozzieeagle Mar 4th 2010 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede (Post 8394437)
Considering the number of children murdered by their parents in India every year, this child's death probably wouldn't even make headlines if it happened in the streets of Mumbai.

It's only shocking because it has occurred in a civilised western nation.

The parents were due to go back to India after studying in Aus on March 13th.

I cant see this turning anything but incredibly nasty. At very high diplomatic levels.

asprilla Mar 4th 2010 9:20 pm

From the limited facts that we know, this does not appear to be racially motivated.

Sadly, there are very sick individuals who cruise around streets looking for children to abduct. I recall reading about a case not so long ago in Ipswich Qld, a 3 yr old was playing in his front yard and his dad came round the corner and noticed a man had picked up the toddler and was heading towards a car (with two other men already in the car).

A fight broke out and the 3 men fled, without the young boy, much to the relief of the family.

mohogony Mar 4th 2010 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 8394477)
The parents were due to go back to India after studying in Aus on March 13th.

I cant see this turning anything but incredibly nasty. At very high diplomatic levels.

Last year Indians were the victims of around 150 assaults but what they don't mention is that they actually commited 250 assaults including a large number of sexual assualts, Also a few murders.

asprilla Mar 5th 2010 2:08 am

seems that there were an unknown number of people living in the house at the time.

DunRoaminTheUK Mar 5th 2010 2:56 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 8394265)
Overnight in Melboune the tragic case of a missing Indian 3yo came to a terrible end, when his body was found in scrubland close to the airport.

Lots of conotations in this one, especially as the child is Indian, which as most Melburnians if not Australia know is a subject in focus at present.

Could be a very big case this one and test the mettle of the Victorian police.

Although it could also be solved very quickly, as the story is as incredible as the Azaria Chamberlain case.

Hopefully they will sort it quickly.... if this drags on we are in for one hell of a complex case.

Focusing on how a toddler can wander off straight into the arms of someone willing to kill him. That generally only happens with abductions. So hopefully it will be a quickly sorted case.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/three-year-old-boy-goes-missing-in-lalor/story-e6frf7jo-1225837012730

I'm absolutely convinced that one or more members of the family are responsible.

ozzieeagle Mar 5th 2010 3:56 am

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK (Post 8395264)
I'm absolutely convinced that one or more members of the family are responsible.

Yes thats what I think as well..... So Imagine the court case and what the reaction in India to the "whitewash by the Australian government" could be like. Vic Police are going to need absolute proof.

framac67 Mar 5th 2010 4:01 am

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK (Post 8395264)

This is what I was thinking as it seems really strange and something doesnt seem to add up.:confused: Only time will tell.:(

ozzieeagle Mar 5th 2010 4:06 am

One of those cases where CCTV on roads UK style would have been useful.