Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tradies jobs in Queensland area!!

Tradies jobs in Queensland area!!

Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default Tradies jobs in Queensland area!!

Hi
Due to emigrate later this year and hubby is a builder. Does everything from bricklaying to roofing to concreteing.
Can anyone tel me if the building trade is going downhill like it is here in england? Is there plenty or any work out there for builders?
Any info would be very grateful.
Thanks, Mandy
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:09 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tradies jobs in Queensland area!!

You might to be a bit more specific about area. Queensland is 7.5 times the size of the UK. Most development is in South East ( Sunshine and gold coast + Brissy ), and most the builders I know are still flat out as there are still lots of people moving to SEQ.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:44 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tradies jobs in Queensland area!!

if your heading towards Brisbane sunshine coast area, its not great at the minute So ID say ''watch this space''.
My DH is a welder and my brother is a carpenter and both cant find work my dh company closed before Christmas and let all their staff go. we have rang and registered with every job agency here and they all say the same, no work at all, they think its a knock on effect of the two mines closing down up north. it is just after Christmas as well so it has to improve I hope. but I would keep watching and checking just in case.

my DH and brother got work on a race track doing maintenance, wages are crap. we have gone from $26 per hour $18 and the tax man seems to take more off you the less you earn. any one understand that !! still as crap as the wages are its better than having no job

this is just what we have found