Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tradesman wages on the Gold Coast?

View Poll Results: Your hourly wage (no one will know! ... )
$0 - $20 On wages
7.14%
$0 - $20 ABN
0%
$21 - $30 On wages
42.86%
$21 - $30 ABN
7.14%
$31 - $40 On wages
7.14%
$31 - $40 ABN
7.14%
$41 - $50 On wages
0%
$41 - $50 ABN
7.14%
$51+ On wages
7.14%
$51+ ABN
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Tradesman wages on the Gold Coast?

Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:42 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tradesman wages on the Gold Coast?

I know about the page pinned to the top, but don't want to go thru all of that to find specific's to my question so will try this way.

Tradesman can you please tick the box relevant to you. I've heard of $50 an hour and all the rest, but reckon most of it is crap. I don't see any $50 ph jobs being advertised on the Gold Coast, so would like to get a more realistic view of it all, I'm sure others would too!

Cheers.

(no identity needed in pole ... )

Last edited by PaulandNic; Mar 24th 2008 at 7:18 am.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tradesman wages on the Gold Coast? (on hold!)

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I know about the page pinned to the top, but don't want to go thru all of that to find specific's to my question so will try this way.

Tradesman can you please tick the box relevant to you. I've heard of $50 an hour and all the rest, but reckon most of it is crap. I don't see any $50 ph jobs being advertised on the Gold Coast, so would like to get a more realistic view of it all, I'm sure others would too!

Cheers.

(no identity needed in pole ... )

From looking myself Paul, it seem to be around $25 - $35 per hour on wages, or anything from $35 upwards on an ABN. Obviously the ABN wages come with their own set of expenses and tax benefits so depending on how well you 'play the game' can determine what sort of annual salary you get.

I know people say that wages are better in QLD than ADL, but I know some brickies and sparkies that are on anywhere between $85 and $130k per annum down here. So if that's true you should be able to earn around $100k if you do it right.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:16 am
Account Closed

Thanks Polly ...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tradesman wages on the Gold Coast?

Being the duh I am I've forgot to put whether 'on wages' or ABN into the choice field ... ... will make all the difference.

I've pm'd a lovely mod and asked if it can be edited as I don't seem able.

Maybe wait till it has changed.

Thank you nicely ...
Lovely mod will send the bill in the post
I charge $50 per hour, btw!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Lovely mod will send the bill in the post
I charge $50 per hour, btw!

*Splutter*

Only $50, you're worth twice that
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
*Splutter*

Only $50, you're worth twice that
Wait till she reads her next pm ...

Will reply to your post Wendy in a sec, just tryin to straighten this out.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:27 am
Account Closed

From looking myself Paul, it seem to be around $25 - $35 per hour on wages, or anything from $35 upwards on an ABN. Obviously the ABN wages come with their own set of expenses and tax benefits so depending on how well you 'play the game' can determine what sort of annual salary you get.

I know people say that wages are better in QLD than ADL, but I know some brickies and sparkies that are on anywhere between $85 and $130k per annum down here. So if that's true you should be able to earn around $100k if you do it right.
Yeah I've heard a lot of diff stories, but recently spoke to a qualified Sparky here who's on $23ph on wages. Ok, that could easily be $30ph on ABN but I'm not sure I wanna do an apprenticeship for 4 years to earn a few dollars ph more than I am now unskilled!

Hmmmm
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah I've heard a lot of diff stories, but recently spoke to a qualified Sparky here who's on $23ph on wages. Ok, that could easily be $30ph on ABN but I'm not sure I wanna do an apprenticeship for 4 years to earn a few dollars ph more than I am now unskilled!

Hmmmm

$23 he's being ripped off there. That is a really bad wage

My OH is on just over $30 and he doesn't do any electrical work!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till she reads her next pm ...

Will reply to your post Wendy in a sec, just tryin to straighten this out.
Its after 17.30, I'm on overtime now, bank holiday rates
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its after 17.30, I'm on overtime now, bank holiday rates

Thanks again ...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:44 am
Account Closed

$23 he's being ripped off there. That is a really bad wage

My OH is on just over $30 and he doesn't do any electrical work!
Well that's what I told him, but he said he DID get $30ph on wages when he first came over (originally from Kiwi land) but says it's all he can get now! ...

My company are paying qualified Cabinet makers $22 ph on wages, and I haven't seen anything advertised any higher! Top money at my old company (GRRRRR!) was $30 ph on ABN.

This is why I'm interested to see how the pole turns out, providing people reply I spose ...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well that's what I told him, but he said he DID get $30ph on wages when he first came over (originally from Kiwi land) but says it's all he can get now! ...

My company are paying qualified Cabinet makers $22 ph on wages, and I haven't seen anything advertised any higher! Top money at my old company (GRRRRR!) was $30 ph on ABN.

This is why I'm interested to see how the pole turns out, providing people reply I spose ...

I'll ask around for you, see what I can get out of people
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:14 am
Account Closed

I'll ask around for you, see what I can get out of people
Cheers Wendy ...

I'm gonna bump this thread a bit over the next few days, see what we can come up with.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:17 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Wendy ...

I'm gonna bump this thread a bit over the next few days, see what we can come up with.
from the sparks i`e spoken to $25 to $32 working for the company
$30 to $45 as a subbie which in my opinion is worse than the $25 to $32 when you take holiday pay etc in to account
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, wages drop a bit when housing/construction slows, things a bit slower now than they were say 2 years ago. Despite the gov shouting skills shortage we could advertise for any trade (sc to gc bris and the caboolture areas), and get many calls, last week chippies we got over 40 calls. Plus a steady flow of blokes cold calling sites for work. Thats why many jobs are only offering the award wage.

So in general around 22 minimum/28 on wages, subbies can earn more, but take into account all overheads and many would prefer wages.

If you want really good money, go where there are more jobs than workers, these are generally areas far less popular than the coasts, or ones where the climate makes trade work a challenge If you go on wages there can be opportunites to increase the wage, again by less popular type work, son is a spark, he gets $60 (double pay/allowances) an hour on wages but thats on call eg. at 3 am often in l severe weather conditions, or dangerous situations, basically emergency work, however it brings his yearly wage way up if hes prepared to do that work.

Last edited by jad n rich; Mar 24th 2008 at 10:51 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.