Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trades men or Skill people looking for work!!!!!

Trades men or Skill people looking for work!!!!!

Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:02 am
Happy go Lucky

branlor5 will become famous soon enoughbranlor5 will become famous soon enough
Default Trades men or Skill people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !!!!!

Any Trades men or Skilled people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !!!!!!!!

Hi guys ,

I moved here a about 17 months ago now and still loving it (Gold Coast )

I have been trying to think or a way to help people that are moving over from the uk to oz as it can be very hard to know where to start .

If there are any tradesmen or skilled people coming to oz or are in oz looking for work ,i think i might be able to help

PM ME

Last edited by branlor5; Oct 18th 2006 at 7:55 am.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

paulthepainter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trades men or Skill people looking for work!!!!!

hello just joined the forum noticed your thread about tradesmen looking for work. im a decorator needing a job offer to emigrate from uk.do you know anyone who could help?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, I have sent you a PM.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

owen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really nice
Default Re: Trades men or Skill people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !

Originally Posted by branlor5 View Post
Any Trades men or Skilled people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !!!!!!!!

Hi guys ,

I have been trying to think or a way to help people that are moving over from the uk to oz as it can be very hard to know where to start .

If there are any tradesmen or skilled people coming to oz or are in oz looking for work ,i think i might be able to help

PM ME
Hi there,
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

owen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really nice
Smile Re: Trades men or Skill people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !

Hello there,
We have just get our visas i have a "General Electrician" and carol is a "Midwife" classification.We have booked to come out at the end of April for 3 weeks and emergrate in late September, to Brisbane or maybe just north of.
I am looking into getting my TRA classification recognized by the licencing board (more red tape).
I have not been on the tools now for 13 years,i have been reading up on things and think i will be ok if i can get on with a firm who will give me time (on lower wages) to pick up things and get in to the australian way of working, maybe as an electricians mate.
I am 46 but i am still very active (Rugby league Referee) so i am not afraid of a bit of hard work .
Do you know of any companies i could talk to when we come over and start the ball rolling.
I am a Fault finding sparky form down the mines, I also have JIB reg as a Installation Electrician and 16th Edition Iee reqs.I have worked in the office of a stuctured wiring company as an QA engineer (Sole work for BT on copper and blown fibre tubes and containment).
I would also be able to turn my hand to house wiring, which is where i think i will have to start.
Do you have any help or advise, maybe we could meet for a beer in April/May.
Kindest regards, Owen
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:08 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trades men or Skill people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !

Originally Posted by owen709646 View Post
Hello there,
We have just get our visas i have a "General Electrician" and carol is a "Midwife" classification.We have booked to come out at the end of April for 3 weeks and emergrate in late September, to Brisbane or maybe just north of.
I am looking into getting my TRA classification recognized by the licencing board (more red tape).
I have not been on the tools now for 13 years,i have been reading up on things and think i will be ok if i can get on with a firm who will give me time (on lower wages) to pick up things and get in to the australian way of working, maybe as an electricians mate.
I am 46 but i am still very active (Rugby league Referee) so i am not afraid of a bit of hard work .
Do you know of any companies i could talk to when we come over and start the ball rolling.
I am a Fault finding sparky form down the mines, I also have JIB reg as a Installation Electrician and 16th Edition Iee reqs.I have worked in the office of a stuctured wiring company as an QA engineer (Sole work for BT on copper and blown fibre tubes and containment).
I would also be able to turn my hand to house wiring, which is where i think i will have to start.
Do you have any help or advise, maybe we could meet for a beer in April/May.
Kindest regards, Owen
PM me closer to the time your coming out & I'll sort you out with some some names & contact numbers [companies in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast & Cooloolashire]
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Mrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really niceMrs MH is just really nice

Hi we run a small building firm in cumbria and are just looking into the living & working in australia, any info you can offer would be fantastic!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cresta57 View Post
PM me closer to the time your coming out & I'll sort you out with some some names & contact numbers [companies in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast & Cooloolashire]

Could you please forward you personel email address, i woluld love to keep in touch with you. I am full of haprehension of me starting over again.
Regards, Owen.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:29 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by owen709646 View Post
Could you please forward you personel email address, i woluld love to keep in touch with you. I am full of haprehension of me starting over again.
Regards, Owen.
Click my profile and use "send me an email"
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

tony6524 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Trades men or Skill people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !

Hi guys ,

PM ME

hi my partner has been a solid plasterer for 10 years

we should have a reply from the tra next week and are then going to apply for are visa

he really needs work in queensland

thanks
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:10 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

hey cresta - sorry if i'm being cheeky but is that offer open to anyone? MrW is a spark - hoping to get electrical mechanic for ARTC. our move is now down to the house sale.

(tell me to mind my own - but gently please - if you want)
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by thewoodz View Post
hey cresta - sorry if i'm being cheeky but is that offer open to anyone? MrW is a spark - hoping to get electrical mechanic for ARTC. our move is now down to the house sale.

(tell me to mind my own - but gently please - if you want)
If you don't ask you don't get. I only know a few house bashing sparkies, they're fellow poms, one gave a mate a few weeks work when he first arrived so no harm in asking
We've just knocked back regular tiling work from two large builders simply because we're busy enough without the work. A couple of tilers would make a nice wage from either company.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

paul cally is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im a sparky hoping to be out in brisbane by june/july any contacts you can help with will be really appreciated.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:49 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't ask you don't get. I only know a few house bashing sparkies, they're fellow poms, one gave a mate a few weeks work when he first arrived so no harm in asking
We've just knocked back regular tiling work from two large builders simply because we're busy enough without the work. A couple of tilers would make a nice wage from either company.
MrW is actually a jack of all trades but has most qualifications as a spark - he was thinking he would prob do tiling or plastering whilst waiting to get reg in Qld.
So i will prob seek you out nearer the time
Old Feb 20th 2007, 1:49 pm
tedeschicat

tedeschicat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys ,

PM ME
hiya I've just pm you!
Stephen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.