British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Trades men or Skill people looking for work!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/trades-men-skill-people-looking-work-402827/)

branlor5 Oct 18th 2006 5:02 am

Trades men or Skill people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !!!!!

Any Trades men or Skilled people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !!!!!!!!

Hi guys ,

I moved here a about 17 months ago now and still loving it :beer: (Gold Coast )

I have been trying to think or a way to help people that are moving over from the uk to oz as it can be very hard to know where to start .

If there are any tradesmen or skilled people coming to oz or are in oz looking for work ,i think i might be able to help

PM ME

paulthepainter Feb 18th 2007 7:13 pm

Re: Trades men or Skill people looking for work!!!!!

hello just joined the forum noticed your thread about tradesmen looking for work. im a decorator needing a job offer to emigrate from uk.do you know anyone who could help?

grahampaula Feb 18th 2007 7:28 pm

Hi there, I have sent you a PM.

owen709646 Feb 19th 2007 12:32 pm

Re: Trades men or Skill people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !

Originally Posted by branlor5 (Post 4023215)
Any Trades men or Skilled people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !!!!!!!!

Hi guys ,

I have been trying to think or a way to help people that are moving over from the uk to oz as it can be very hard to know where to start .

If there are any tradesmen or skilled people coming to oz or are in oz looking for work ,i think i might be able to help

PM ME

Hi there,

owen709646 Feb 19th 2007 12:54 pm

Re: Trades men or Skill people looking for work i think i might be able to help you !

Hello there,
We have just get our visas i have a "General Electrician" and carol is a "Midwife" classification.We have booked to come out at the end of April for 3 weeks and emergrate in late September, to Brisbane or maybe just north of.
I am looking into getting my TRA classification recognized by the licencing board (more red tape).
I have not been on the tools now for 13 years,i have been reading up on things and think i will be ok if i can get on with a firm who will give me time (on lower wages) to pick up things and get in to the australian way of working, maybe as an electricians mate.
I am 46 but i am still very active (Rugby league Referee) so i am not afraid of a bit of hard work .
Do you know of any companies i could talk to when we come over and start the ball rolling.
I am a Fault finding sparky form down the mines, I also have JIB reg as a Installation Electrician and 16th Edition Iee reqs.I have worked in the office of a stuctured wiring company as an QA engineer (Sole work for BT on copper and blown fibre tubes and containment).
I would also be able to turn my hand to house wiring, which is where i think i will have to start.
Do you have any help or advise, maybe we could meet for a beer in April/May.
Kindest regards, Owen

cresta57 Feb 19th 2007 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by owen709646 (Post 4421826)
Hello there,
We have just get our visas i have a "General Electrician" and carol is a "Midwife" classification.We have booked to come out at the end of April for 3 weeks and emergrate in late September, to Brisbane or maybe just north of.
I am looking into getting my TRA classification recognized by the licencing board (more red tape).
I have not been on the tools now for 13 years,i have been reading up on things and think i will be ok if i can get on with a firm who will give me time (on lower wages) to pick up things and get in to the australian way of working, maybe as an electricians mate.
I am 46 but i am still very active (Rugby league Referee) so i am not afraid of a bit of hard work .
Do you know of any companies i could talk to when we come over and start the ball rolling.
I am a Fault finding sparky form down the mines, I also have JIB reg as a Installation Electrician and 16th Edition Iee reqs.I have worked in the office of a stuctured wiring company as an QA engineer (Sole work for BT on copper and blown fibre tubes and containment).
I would also be able to turn my hand to house wiring, which is where i think i will have to start.
Do you have any help or advise, maybe we could meet for a beer in April/May.
Kindest regards, Owen

PM me closer to the time your coming out & I'll sort you out with some some names & contact numbers [companies in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast & Cooloolashire]

Mrs MH Feb 19th 2007 1:08 pm

Hi we run a small building firm in cumbria and are just looking into the living & working in australia, any info you can offer would be fantastic!:thumbup:

owen709646 Feb 19th 2007 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 4421875)
PM me closer to the time your coming out & I'll sort you out with some some names & contact numbers [companies in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast & Cooloolashire]

Could you please forward you personel email address, i woluld love to keep in touch with you. I am full of haprehension of me starting over again.
Regards, Owen.

cresta57 Feb 19th 2007 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by owen709646 (Post 4421936)
Could you please forward you personel email address, i woluld love to keep in touch with you. I am full of haprehension of me starting over again.
Regards, Owen.

Click my profile and use "send me an email";)

tony6524 Feb 19th 2007 1:58 pm

Hi guys ,

PM ME

hi my partner has been a solid plasterer for 10 years

we should have a reply from the tra next week and are then going to apply for are visa

he really needs work in queensland

thanks

thewoodz Feb 19th 2007 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 4421875)

hey cresta - sorry if i'm being cheeky but is that offer open to anyone? MrW is a spark - hoping to get electrical mechanic for ARTC. our move is now down to the house sale.

(tell me to mind my own - but gently please - if you want)

cresta57 Feb 19th 2007 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by thewoodz (Post 4422368)
hey cresta - sorry if i'm being cheeky but is that offer open to anyone? MrW is a spark - hoping to get electrical mechanic for ARTC. our move is now down to the house sale.

(tell me to mind my own - but gently please - if you want)

If you don't ask you don't get. I only know a few house bashing sparkies, they're fellow poms, one gave a mate a few weeks work when he first arrived so no harm in asking;)
We've just knocked back regular tiling work from two large builders simply because we're busy enough without the work. A couple of tilers would make a nice wage from either company.

paul cally Feb 19th 2007 9:41 pm

hi im a sparky hoping to be out in brisbane by june/july any contacts you can help with will be really appreciated.

thewoodz Feb 20th 2007 7:49 am

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 4423627)
If you don't ask you don't get. I only know a few house bashing sparkies, they're fellow poms, one gave a mate a few weeks work when he first arrived so no harm in asking;)
We've just knocked back regular tiling work from two large builders simply because we're busy enough without the work. A couple of tilers would make a nice wage from either company.

MrW is actually a jack of all trades but has most qualifications as a spark - he was thinking he would prob do tiling or plastering whilst waiting to get reg in Qld.
So i will prob seek you out nearer the time :ohmy: :D

tedeschicat Feb 20th 2007 12:49 pm

Hi guys ,

PM ME

hiya I've just pm you!
Stephen