Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

trades exams ??????

trades exams ??????

Old Jun 8th 2003, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default trades exams ??????

Please can someone tell me if there are any exams / tests needed other than TRA assesment - UK qualifications to work as air condioning / ref engineer in oz. Trade org ? would appreciate feedback please.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

i dont know about air con but if in involves electrics then yes

im a sparks and i have got to get a Australian Recognised Trades Certificate then do a prcticle and theroy exam to get a A grade licence

look at the link and see if your trade is listed

link
Old Jun 8th 2003, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

my understanding is that the tra is itself is not a g.tee that you will be able to work in your chosen field.

on arrival you must re-submit your tra and you will be judged on what level they would allow you to operate.

most should get an electrical licience which will allow you to work on the equipment but not wire to the maine etc

you will also need a 'safe handling' cert. (I have been told that you MUST take this exam whatever - i cannot get confirmation either way)

s.a liciencing authority told me that they were unable to check which licences they would issue me with -and which exams i need to take- until I have arrived and presented myself...

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/consumerad...nks/index.html

a training website for s.a is here maybe they will give you a more detailed answer

http://www.peer.com.au/courses.htm

cheers

richard