Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trade Regonition issues

Trade Regonition issues

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:47 am
Just Joined

damianthomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Trade Regonition issues

Hey guys hows it going? New member here, was wondering if anyone out there has had same issues I'm having? Back in UK im a trade qualified pipefitter but since moving to Adelaide back in 07 I couldn't make head nor tail of the system here and never saw any pipefitter jobs advertised so I ended up working on the railways out in country NSW. Have recently left that job and moved back to Adelaide for family reasons I have seen some pipefitter jobs on seek etc so thought I'd give it another go. Unfortunately seems like most people you talk to have never even heard of pipefitting and from what I've gathered speaking to WorkSA sounds like I'm gonna have a nightmare with the Trade Recognition people. Hell I've already been knocked back by them once!
I was just wondering if theres anyone on this forum who's a pipefitter or similar metal trade and if they've had problems trying to get through the process? Do you know if you even need Trade Recognition, trade licences etc for pipefitter roles? Any advise anyone could give me would be mucho appreciated!
Cheers!
Damian Thomas