Trade certs

Old Mar 12th 2007, 8:05 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trade certs

Can anyone tell me if there is an Australian trade certificate for mechanical fitters ?
I'm aware that Aussie seems to require a licence/cert for electricians,plumbers etc but ive looked everywhere and i cant find anything relating to 'fitting'
Any info greatly appreciated,ta

Lee
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:13 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trade certs

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Can anyone tell me if there is an Australian trade certificate for mechanical fitters ?
I'm aware that Aussie seems to require a licence/cert for electricians,plumbers etc but ive looked everywhere and i cant find anything relating to 'fitting'

Lee
BUMP !!!

anyone got any info ???

pleaaaase
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP !!!

anyone got any info ???

pleaaaase

If you tell me what a Mechanical Fitter is I may be able to help

Do you know the ASCO code for DIAC, I can find it that way?

Last edited by Wendy; Mar 15th 2007 at 9:22 am.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:41 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by Wendy
If you tell me what a Mechanical Fitter is I may be able to help

Do you know the ASCO code for DIAC, I can find it that way?
I'm not sure what the code is Wendy

Mechanical fitter would be would be under 'engineering' i suppose
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what the code is Wendy

Mechanical fitter would be would be under 'engineering' i suppose

Is this it? http://jobguide.thegoodguides.com.au...TOKEN=50085047

and which state are you planning on going to? (cos they are all different!)
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:51 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Thanks Wendy that just about covers my trade.

What does the ASCO 4111 refer to ? Is this a cert i need to obtain ?? I'm a bit clueless

I'm Planning on moving to Victoria by the way
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Wendy that just about covers my trade.

What does the ASCO 4111 refer to ? Is this a cert i need to obtain ?? I'm a bit clueless

I'm Planning on moving to Victoria by the way

The ASCO code is the code DIAC and the assessing authorities use to identify your trade. It's not really anything to do with licencing (I don't think anyway)

Give me a little while and I'll see what I can find out.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:56 am
pink 'n' bouncy

The ASCO code is the code DIAC and the assessing authorities use to identify your trade. It's not really anything to do with licencing (I don't think anyway)

Give me a little while and I'll see what I can find out.
ok thanks Wendy

I've already passed the TRA but i was just wondering if i need a cert to prove my trade in Aussie.I've heard they like their certificates in australia
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of

Lee
Hi my husband is a mechanical fitter working on hgv's, he got a job no probs with city & guilds and reference from old employer stating what job you do, plenty of jobs for fitters.
Be prepared for lack of tea breaks (smoko's) it's just not there way.
Tracey
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's good news mate, no you don't need licencing

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...-11.htm#viclrr
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:15 am
pink 'n' bouncy

It's good news mate, no you don't need licencing

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...-11.htm#viclrr
Thanks Wendy thats what i thought cos' i could'nt find anything anywhere.

Cheers for your help...Karma sent

Lee