Tracing Family

Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

VWPowered will become famous soon enoughVWPowered will become famous soon enough
Default Tracing Family

Hi, dont know if you can help or not, I'm trying to trace my auntie who lived in Crib Point, Vic, her name is Ann Battersby although it may not be now, have looked through friends reunited etc at the local schools with no success, and google for many a hour, trying to reunite my dad and his siter after 40 years

does anyone know any other routes i maybe able to try i belive her aged to be between 45 and 55 (my dad is 58 and shes younger)

i tried to look for forums for the area but its population is only 2000 or so, wouldnt think it was this hard..

i beleive my nans last name my of been burns at one stage too

any help gratefully recieved

John Expat in France
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:32 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Tracing Family

Direct contact with Churches in the area ?
or even Real Estate agents, who may pass on your details to someone with that name if they know them.

I have done the same with Churches in the UK, and the Church has replied to me.

Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

VWPowered will become famous soon enoughVWPowered will become famous soon enough

i'll try that thank you very much
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:03 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VWPowered
i'll try that thank you very much
Hey John

I typed those details into White pages:

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/initResSearch.do

There are lots of A's but not in Crib Point but she may have moved. However, if you do a search in Crib Point, a few people of that surname come up, but no 'A's'.... could be family?

How about you get on the phone and start cold calling. You might strike lucky. There was only a page... so it wouldn't take you long.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If all else fails you could put in a request to "Find my Family" they dont seem to mind reuniting families from the other side of the world. I agree with the cold calling though, that could be a good start.

Edited to say, there are a few connections to that name on Genesreunited which I assume you have made contact with.

Last edited by quoll; Dec 5th 2008 at 4:58 am.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:36 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

You could also try a small ad in the local newspaper looking for information. Hopefully someone might know something and email you.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 10:19 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

When my oh was trying to trace his step-mum we rang the local police station...they were really nice and they went round and gave her his number and hey presto contact!! it was in Hobart Tas though...good luck
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

i like the police one

going to try the cold calling one, yes managed to find the whitepages last night

thanks guys
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I know Crib Point and have looked in our local phone book and there are no people by those names living there now. Only two Battersby's on the whole of the Peninsula one in Red Hill and one in Rosebud. No Burns in Crib Point.

You really need more information than just the surnames. I do not believe the police would be able to help as they change all the time in Hastings.

Crib Point has a large naval base was your relative anything to do with the navy.

There is a graveyard at Crib Point you may find information from the trustees.

Good luck
Old Dec 6th 2008, 2:28 am

i like the police one

going to try the cold calling one, yes managed to find the whitepages last night

thanks guys
Let us know if you find her, John. I like happy endings.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

good good, she has been found no nothing to do with the navy, my nan moved their 60 years ago to start a new life, sadly leaving my dad behind, why we'll never know as she sadly passed over 25 years ago, i havent spoke to my dad in 20 years and recently found where he was and he passed on to me what information he had, my fault being eager jumped the first flat on face lol, as he had already been in touch with her but this i didnt know until today, she's still in VIC, although her husband passed away afew years ago, but is in contact with my sisters (who i also didnt know off)

so excuse my stupidity and thank you all for you great words of wisdom, i owe you a beer (wont give ya french one there not that great how about a belguim beer )

may not of been the happy ending you expected but still a happy one none the less..

hopefully one day i'll even get to visit her
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:13 am

good good, she has been found no nothing to do with the navy, my nan moved their 60 years ago to start a new life, sadly leaving my dad behind, why we'll never know as she sadly passed over 25 years ago, i havent spoke to my dad in 20 years and recently found where he was and he passed on to me what information he had, my fault being eager jumped the first flat on face lol, as he had already been in touch with her but this i didnt know until today, she's still in VIC, although her husband passed away afew years ago, but is in contact with my sisters (who i also didnt know off)

so excuse my stupidity and thank you all for you great words of wisdom, i owe you a beer (wont give ya french one there not that great how about a belguim beer )

may not of been the happy ending you expected but still a happy one none the less..

hopefully one day i'll even get to visit her
Good news.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 1:41 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Try www.facebook.com also.