Reload this Page >

tra whinge!!! last one honest

tra whinge!!! last one honest

Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

nell71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tra whinge!!! last one honest

hi all
got our tra returned on saturday through pathway d,even though we have quals and did traineeship.anyway talked to agent today and he said basically unless you have done a recognised apprentaship your knackered.

my point is i have 20 years exp as a maintenance/installation fitter plus quals.
the apprentices were i work spend 6 months in each department and after 4 years would fly through the tra,yet having spent only 6 months picking each side off the job up know absoluty f**k all !!!

what do the tra think there doing?:curse:
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tra whinge!!! last one honest

Originally Posted by nell71
hi all
got our tra returned on saturday through pathway d,even though we have quals and did traineeship.anyway talked to agent today and he said basically unless you have done a recognised apprentaship your knackered.

my point is i have 20 years exp as a maintenance/installation fitter plus quals.
the apprentices were i work spend 6 months in each department and after 4 years would fly through the tra,yet having spent only 6 months picking each side off the job up know absoluty f**k all !!!

what do the tra think there doing?:curse:
Hi
Dont even get me started about them lot. My oh is a lift mechanic he past his tra no problem, even got the visa but now he needs to get an electrical licence to work on the lifts as most people know they do run by electricity so he applies to get his artc which is the same people as the tra by the way and as he passed the tra ok thought this bit would be a doodle but oh no now they say he has application to gain his artc which would enable him to get his electrical licence has failed as he is not qualified as an electrician he is a lift mechanic. I think its just a viscous circle he needs one to work on the bloody lifts unless they go up and down by magic over there. Been three weeks with dozens of early morning phone calls and still waiting for someone to call him back. ARRRRRRRRRRR its so annoying is'nt it. What is your next move now then from Laine.:curse:
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

nell71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tra whinge!!! last one honest

Originally Posted by john_w
Hi
Dont even get me started about them lot. My oh is a lift mechanic he past his tra no problem, even got the visa but now he needs to get an electrical licence to work on the lifts as most people know they do run by electricity so he applies to get his artc which is the same people as the tra by the way and as he passed the tra ok thought this bit would be a doodle but oh no now they say he has application to gain his artc which would enable him to get his electrical licence has failed as he is not qualified as an electrician he is a lift mechanic. I think its just a viscous circle he needs one to work on the bloody lifts unless they go up and down by magic over there. Been three weeks with dozens of early morning phone calls and still waiting for someone to call him back. ARRRRRRRRRRR its so annoying is'nt it. What is your next move now then from Laine.:curse:
we'll have to wait a see if they reinstate pathway d or some form of it

i was wanting to emigrate because of the state of uk the complete balls labour make of everything but judgeing by the performance of the tra
the aussies are going to worse

i'll wait until jan 08 if nothing changes i'll knock it on the head and get on with it over here.